How much of an age gap is too much when teens are considered?

Let's say, 15/16 years old and 17?
Updates:
My main concern is university. That could get pretty weird, especially considering that I would probably be doing the 13th year (Cambridge curriculum)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on which country your from. So whatever seems acceptable and makes sense. I highly doubt a 17 yr old would date like a 14 that ain't right and would be weird in public

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never seen that as weird. Senior/Freshman dating wasn't that unusual when I was in HS.

• Show All
    • Not sure about your country, but in mine the law states that if one or both parties are below the age of 18, and the age gap is over three years, the older one is considered a paedophile. Just saying

• Sex and dating aren't always the same at young ages.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really cutting it close because the 17 year old is about to be a young adult. If both are 18 and over, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 17 year old with 14 year old, or 15 or older with 13. 17 with 15 may work in some cases. Normally not more than a year apart is my recommendation

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're under the age of 18 then you should date 1 - 2 year difference. If you're both 18 and older then age doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • The looks difference can be a lot because of puberty. For instance 3 years for an adult is nothing, but a 13 year old and 16 year old looks wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • Right. This gap is basically a year and... Maybe 3/4 months. Not sure.

• Wait so you are 15 and she is 17? That's 100% fine mate, It only gets a bit strange when it's like a 13-14 maybe sometimes 15 year old with older people.

• Right. Well, screw it. It is far too soon to see where this is going anyway. I will play it by esr this time, instead of the overthinking until it's too late technique I have often affected.

• The way that I view it is both parties under 18 keep it 2 years Over 18 the gap widens
    Last year Me @ 27 years old Dated a 31-Year-old

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s fine I say 4-5 years is definitely crossing a line

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 and 17 is fine. Teens differ so much in maturity the 15 year old may be more responsible.

0|0
    0|0
  • 13-14 shouldn't go past 16
    20+ shouldn't go lower 18

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Two to three years

0|0
    0|0