Girls, Do you hate clingy guys?

What’s the best way to talk to a girl? What’s the best way to date? Should you just never text her first and never show her any emotion? Should you make it out like you aren’t interested and don’t like spending time with her? I’m under the impression that this works. Because girls supposedly are put off by guys who express their feelings and show a girl that he likes her & enjoys hanging out with her. So is being cold and distant the best way to deal with girls? Should you be clingy and text a girl often and tell her how you feel? Should you reply to her texts right away or always wait awhile? If girls hate clingy guys, what’s the best way to deal with a girl?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nooo! Girls like it when you text first, when you text her back and show your feelings but dont be too extra with that like message her 24/24 and tell her your life will end if she won't be your girlfriend , give her compliments about her hair, her clothes&style and anything you like about her but talk to her as a normal person not as an obsessed guy. If you're cold and act like you dont care the message she will get will be "he doesn't care about me and he's not interested" and that way you'll never be in a relationship with her !

0|1
    0|0
    • Let her know you like spending time with her that way she will be more around you but also give her some space don't be like near her 24/7 staring at her like an idiot, show her your feelings and protect her (girls like protective guys) but don't act obsessed

• So girls have ridiculously unfair and high expectations of guys?

• No , just to be sweet because there are enough jerks in this worlds

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I think you should show her how much you like her - some girls like that - other girls don't - but you should be yourself and have somebody like you just the way that you are. I would love to have a guy who is always there for me and always available when I need somebody to talk to and a lot of girls love that unconditional support too.

3|1
    0|0
  • I hate clingy guys, indeed. But texting first and showing emotion isn't clingy. Freaking out and asking what's wrong with me, what you did wrong, why I won't answer and see you every second of every day just because I take a little while to text back is clingy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Clingy as in they call me a thousand times, stalk me, want to know what I'm doing constantly, are jealous for no reason at all? I don't care for them.

If he misses my presence, wants to be around me, and feels like I'm the best thing that has happened in his life? I love that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like guys who are a tad clingy but still give me my space. I like someone who gives me the attention but wouldn't call me if I fail to answer a text within an hour. Unless it was a real emergency.

2|1
    0|0
  • Hmm I know that Im a introverted person so sometimes I need to be alone to re-energize myself. So me and clinginess is not exactly a compatible match. Also you have to be careful with clinginess because it can lead to codependency. Some of the traits you've mentioned are not clingy sometimes they just show concern, care and interest for the other person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Clingy people in general are overwhelming. Not only do we hate clingy men, but clingy friends are also very annoying. You also have to consider that there is a balance between being interested and being clingy. Someone interested text you back, or first. All the while someone clingy would leave you about 5 or 10 messages, all unreplied. We like a guy that can show us his emotions, text us normally, and so on, but not someone who badgers us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope my question isn't rude but do you take medication? You mentioned you had a mental illness so i wanted to know.

0|1
    0|0
  • strong masculine flirting is best, clingy is turn down

0|1
    0|0
    • So it's best to be distant with girls and not show any interste/emotion?

• Show All
    • staying distant will result in girls ignore you completely

• So there is no way to win with modern girls?

• That stuff isn’t what makes a person clingy. Clingy is giving too much than the other person wants. In order to know what that person wants, you have to get to know them and actually ASK your questions to their face. Otherwise you’ll just be play a guessing game with yourself. And you’ll probably end up losing. But then again,! ya might just win.
    When it comes to assumptions, your end results may as well have the probabilities of a coin toss. Solution: Buck up and be direct. Causes a lot less problems.

2|1
    0|0
  • You should relax. That’s what you should do. Just be yourself and relax.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly every girl is different. However I think every girl wants to feel that they have a mans full attention. Be yourself is key if a girl doesn't like you for you then do waste your time.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends HOW clingy they are. If they suffocate me every second of my life. FUCK YEAH. Cuz I had a boyfriend like that who was clingy as fuck, and he was like a little dog. He was fucking gorgeous, just to give you a good picture. He had dirty blond hair and grey eyes, pale as fuck tho. Every time I walked through the door to my apartment when I got off work, he'd come running out of the bedroom and attack me with a tight ass bearhug and he wouldn't let me be.

Clingy ones are my favorites, I get to love on them all I want.

0|1
    0|0
  • no I don't mind clingy but no possessive and overly jealous guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rather have a clingy guy than a guy that doesn’t talk to you unless they want something

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should just be yourself.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes