Did I over react by sending too many messages to him when he disappeared? Have you ever disappeared?

So I was dating a guy and things were going great and then about 2 weeks ago he stopped going online or reading my messages. I sent him about 12 texts asking where he is and I sent him about 6 e-mails asking where he is and I've messaged on on facebook about 12 times.

I later realized I over reacted. I once got angry at an ex-boyfriend when he disappeared for 2 weeks and I found out 9 years later - he had taken a business trip to another province and forgot to tell me about it ahead of time so hadn't ignored me at all - however I started cussing him out cause I mistakenly thought he was pulling a disappearing act on me and when I cussed him out - he decided to break up with me.

I also realized - the guy I'm dating now is probably not ignoring me because we had a break up around 4 weeks before our last date where we reconciled and he sent me a very long e-mail to explain to me why he was breaking up with me - then we went on a date - got close again. So he wouldn't be ghosting me - if he didn't like me - he would have respected me enough to tell me he didn't want to be with me anymore.

Would you be annoyed if a girl sends you around 30 messages asking where you are when you disappear for 2 weeks? Either an unplanned vacation, an embarrassing health problem or family problem, or recovering from surgery but worried people will find out you were sick. I think the surgery is the most likely option right now. I've also considered he might be in a psychiatric institution because he mentioned paying somebody $5000 to do psychological testing on him.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl did that to me, it would be over. My life is peaceful, drama free, and I want stillness. Being sent a flood of messages is too much energy so that would have to be ejected from my life.

One or two messages is enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes emotions make us act irrational.

• Not an excuse for shitty behavior

• @jessture fuck yourself

• Am I supposed to be offended by that?