Guys, How much does income matter?

Do you think a girl would respect a guy who doesn't make as much income as her?

34

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. Your question is variable because you didn't specify how much she makes and how much he makes. I believe generally speaking in the USA the man is expected to earn more money for the year. So if for example she is working a normal job and he doesn't make more than her for several negative reasons (lazy, lacking ambition, irresponsible..) then she loses respect for him. However if she is driven and makes an above average salary and he makes normal money and likes what he does she can respect him.

Money is the number one issue that causes conflicts and leads to divorce in couples. Over the course of their relationship it will constantly be challenging and they need to be partners in communicating and planning/budgeting their money to achieve life goals and live week by week. Again if the man is consistently bringing home a paycheck and meeting expectations then she can respect him; when that changes she may lose respect. Same goes for the man, if her income changes he may lose respect for her.

• No. The don't respect men shorter than them either. It brings out the stereotype of women like ass holes because as a male I know the bigger an ass hole I am during negotiations the more money I get.