Guys, How much does income matter?

Do you think a girl would respect a guy who doesn't make as much income as her?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. Your question is variable because you didn't specify how much she makes and how much he makes. I believe generally speaking in the USA the man is expected to earn more money for the year. So if for example she is working a normal job and he doesn't make more than her for several negative reasons (lazy, lacking ambition, irresponsible..) then she loses respect for him. However if she is driven and makes an above average salary and he makes normal money and likes what he does she can respect him.

Money is the number one issue that causes conflicts and leads to divorce in couples. Over the course of their relationship it will constantly be challenging and they need to be partners in communicating and planning/budgeting their money to achieve life goals and live week by week. Again if the man is consistently bringing home a paycheck and meeting expectations then she can respect him; when that changes she may lose respect. Same goes for the man, if her income changes he may lose respect for her.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. The don't respect men shorter than them either. It brings out the stereotype of women like ass holes because as a male I know the bigger an ass hole I am during negotiations the more money I get.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• I think most would not, thinking that they can do better with another guy who makes more than them rather than settling with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • my girlfriend makes bank doesn't change anything between us other than she constantly gets jokingly mad at me for not letting her loan me money

1|0
    0|0
  • The fact is it does... Girls only date broke guys if they have a really good story for why they are down and she thinks he's on his way to the top... other than that they wouldn't stay with a guy who was content with his pathetic life

1|0
    0|0
  • Income doesn't matter if it's love you will love them unconditionally and to be honest in my opinion the guy should be doing most the work to get money unless he has a valid reason like he is disabled etc

1|0
    0|0
  • well lets consult the divorce rate. Money troubles and divorce go together like that :::crosses fingers::::

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's about income. Women want men who are driven and successful at what they drive to. Men want women who will accept their cause, respect them, and chip in where needed

0|0
    0|0
  • It's Matter but not for respect.
    If you really love someone you want to see them happy all the but that happens comes at a cost.
    It can only be fulfilled by your hard earn cash

1|0
    0|0
  • A guy should always have money. If a woman makes significant more than a man then the man does not deserve her

1|0
    0|0
  • It matters a lot to women. Most guys don't really care just as long as the woman isn't a gold-digger.

1|0
    0|0
  • Literally zero percent. If she doesn't have an income, I'm cool with that. If she makes more than me, I'm cool with that too.

1|0
    0|0
  • A woman seems to put more emphasis on it than a man. I make 6 figures and have pulled women way out of my league because of it

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not about respect but when they have their first fight the girl will say to herself i don't need him

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you respect yourself if a man made more money than you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it should really matter. What matters is the amount of love between the two people.

1|0
    0|0
  • To guys, how much a girl makes doesn't matter. Girls care how much a guy makes though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. But I don't think it's important. I never had a girlfriend who cared much about money

1|0
    0|0
  • To me income matters little but it seems to me for women it matters a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm my experience it's used as leverage in a fight.

1|0
    0|0
  • income dont matter to me being intimate is being rich in my book

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot

1|0
    0|0
  • No women need money and height.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is really important