How do I get my girlfriend to talk to me more, and update me about her life?

So I've been seeing this girl for a few months now. A little backstory I'm starting my first year in college and she goes to my old highschool. She has never had a boyfriend before. She's always incredibly kind when we are together and I think the main thing i like about her (aside from the kindness) is how different she is from other girls. She's nothing like any of the girls I've been with so I don't mind the inexperience. She's also insanely beautiful, she's turned down a lot of guys before me. Alright I'll get to it, she only texts me about 4 times a day on average, and we hang out like once every week and a half. That's the problem for me, I'm interested in her and just want to know what's going on in her life. I don't like waiting over a week for a full update. I love it when girls rant to me about their lives and I can try to help or when they ask about mine, and it doesn't happen until we're together in person. I ask her and she'll say a little but not much and only asks me when I ask her. My last relationship lasted about a year and it was similar but she was mean and petty, that's why that ended. This girl is so much better than anyone I've been with and I just want to improve communication, how do I do it?

01