Guys, you message a girl online-would you rather be ignored or her tell you she isn't interested?

So, I'm trying my luck again with online dating (really hoping to get someone who won't throw my things out out of anger, scream at pipes/other inanimate objects, and lust toooo much after lolita anime girls.. ya know, the usual)

Some guys have messaged me that I'm just not feeling, how do I go about this?

I had a great talk with someone who responds to each message even if he isn't interested. And I think this is the best policy, I just want to see what more guys think :)
  • Ignore me pls
  • Tell me (nicely) you aren't interested
  • Other
    Vote C

247

Most Helpful Guys

• "Thank you for your interest. I have reviewed your traits, qualifications, and experience. At this moment, I have decided that my interest lies elsewhere. Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I wish you well in all your future romantic endeavors. Warmly, XXX."

• Guys say they would rather be told "i'm not interested" but they don't. Anyone who puts themselves out there just want's a positive response. Using online dating I've only ever gotten one rejection response. The lady was really nice about. Since all others have been non responses it made me wonder how many times this lady did this for guys. She was really attractive it had/has to get tiring. Guys don't take women's non responses personal i know it's a sucky feeling but it's not because you're not attractive or even a catch. Not every woman will or should be interested in you.

• Yea, as for myself, I'd rather be ignored because I'll replay his words and misconstrue them in my head and take it really personal.
      So, would you personally be ignored or be told 'not interested'

• It really doesn't matter to me. It's funny because online dating is a numbers game. i read once that a guy has to send out 114 messages on the avg. to get 1 response. lol, That's a lot of rejection. when you're trying to meet someone feelings come into play ( i would imagine this is harder for women since they tend to feel more). How are you not supposed to feel rejected. Easy as i said in my initial post not everyone is going to be interested in you nor should they. You have to keep in mind regardless of what you think of this person they don't know anything about you save what you put in your profile and they could be rejecting you based on 1 word you said in you profile. In short it's them not you. Know when they passed on you they messed up and passed on a good thing because you've got a lot going for you.

• I like the way you think :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, funny thing is you tell these guys you aren't interested, and you get a load of insults chucked at you.

• When you get 30+ messages a day, it is really unrealistic to tell each one you aren't interested, majority of people ignore (which is totally fine on a online dating site, people have done exactly the same to me and it tells you they're not interested) unless they don't get messaged much most people just don't answer.