How likely is it for a woman between 30-35 to find a good man to settle down with?

I read so many bitter comments on here about men not wanting older women because they have chips on their shoulder for various reasons and want to pay back by causing harm, or because they see them as too old and prefer younger women.
So I put it to you all, what are your honest views on dating a woman in her young-mid thirties with long term potential... Is it too late already?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• The older you get, the smaller the dating pool becomes.
    It goes both ways.

Not only you will be disadvantaged by being an older woman, the men you will get to pick from probably won't be the "cream of the crop" either.
    Those men have their own reasons why they are still single, and a lot of those reasons are probably going to be negative.

My view of 30+ women is mixed.
    It's the group that contains the high-value career women with little dating experience. (read- no history of promiscuity)
    But also the group that contains the naive, desperate bachelorettes and the worn-down town bicycles.

1|0
    0|0
    • What men do you define as ‘cream of the crop’? Also where I’m from most of the single women in their 30s are the career ones with little dating experience other than a couple of long term relationships.

• I think you can still find a good man to settle down with, but he'll probably be older than you. Guys your age are looking for women in their 20s, and women in their 20s are looking for guys your age. So yeah, the odds or not as good as they were years ago, but all is not lost.

1|0
    0|0
    • Although I’m in my 30s everyone assumes I’m in my 20s looks wise.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I personally think women Peak at that age, so, no it's definitely not too late, although your Dating pool is generally smaller than it was in your 20s.

1|0
    0|0
    • Peak in terms of?

• Show All
    • I think they always seem to relate it to the ‘fertility’ or ‘baggage’ debates lol

• I agree with this as well. Women tend to be more confident and less likely to "play games" (although some do still) and know what they want, which is extremely attractive (confidence isn't just attractive in us guys, it is you as well). And confidence all around, self esteem, body etc.

• It's not too late already. My ex-wife was 31 when we started dating (I was a few years younger) and we got married and had kids and stayed married for a long time.

We ultimately grew apart though and got divorced. When I met my current girlfriend she was in her early 50s (also coming out of a divorce from a long marriage that she got into when she was in her early 30s).

I think I'm a "good man" and my girlfriend seems to agree with that, so my opinion is that you have plenty of time left.

There are less good people available as you get older, but it's not none. People are available in their 30s for various reasons. Divorce is one, but also they might have matured later than average or were busy working on their career or perhaps even just wanting a lot of freedom but are now realizing the benefits to having a committed relationship.

Are you in one of those categories I listed or is there another reason that you aren't in a relationship?

Regardless of the reason, don't give up. If you're the kind of person that would be a good partner, I think your chances are still good!

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a relation with 36 when I was 17. When women get older some become hardened and brittle while my experience was she nicest woman ever. Some develop more mellow mature fun personalities and others become damaged. If a warm, mellow, mature, emotionally-stable woman is upon me, I become mostly blinded to those other things.

3|0
    0|0
  • For women, their chances are better I think because guys are more ready to "settle down" at this age then younger. More likely to know what they want and don't want also. It's never too late, you can meet someone at any time in your life. The only "disadvantage" might be that guys will assume you're not single probably (I do), so YOU might have to peruse and initiate and put a little "work" into it. If you like a guy, ask him out.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she has been focusing on her career or something, it's not too late. If she has been mindlessly partying, then it is. Depends on what she has done with herself.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m interested in why it’s what she’s done that dictates it... does it come down to perceived promiscuity or?

• More mental and physical state. Someone who did meth or drank heavily for 5 years, even if it's been over and done with for a while, is probably not in as good a state as someone who's been doing postdoc research.

I was going to say the latter is probably in better financial condition as well, but with student loans the opposite might be true...

• I dislike the term "settle down," but sure it's possible. Depends on how physically attracted to you they are, and while it's true that most guys regardless of age are usually more attracted to girls roughly 16-25 age range, girls that are older than that can still be very cool and intriguing. I'm not really sure what you mean by "chips on their shoulder for various reasons."

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd fish in that pool.. so no, i don't think its to late

1|0
    0|0
    • Cool. Would you think it too late if you wanted children though?

• Show All
    • *reversed

• Would you date a older guy my age?

• if you find someone who is of good character then your good. needle in a heystack

1|0
    0|0
  • You may have to update your standards. The guy you've been looking for? Hot, rich, successful career, loves you madly and spontaneously does the chores around the house? He's already married and has two kids and a wife he adores.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how picky she is and if she puts herself out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right in my age range. So with me very likely.

1|0
    0|0
    • Also that's when women raj sexually.

• Show All
    • So I presume women in their 30 are more attractive to men in their 40s rather than 30s...

• Yes. I love it when a woman is on her period and so horny she craves sex.

• In my opinion mid 30's is too old.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you say that?

• Because the bad boys have used and abused them. And they usually have
      kids and that's a deal breaker with me/ And they have shitty attitudes.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes