What are you views on love?

I feel like people in my generation don't understand what love is anymore. I think they throw the word out like candy. Completely and utterly meaningless. And tbh I like to wait to say it til I'm absolutely sure im in love before saying it to the girl i am with. But they always seem to get butthurt when I don't say it back. Does it make me a bad person for not saying it? I feel like im inclined to say it back when they say it but if I dont feel it i don't wanna break their hearts and let them down. I don't know tell me what you think lol

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t feel bad about not reciprocating. It would be much worse if you lied about something like love.

Currently, I view love as I do any other emotion. It’s complex, sometimes self-contradictory or contradicts logic: it’s definition evolves as we do throughout our lives. When it comes to romantic love, I’ve only experienced it once. I knew it was love the way I know I am happy when I laugh, or the way I know I’m tired when my eyes feel heavy. It’s just an instinctive understanding.