Is it normal to feel vulnerable and anxious when liking someone?

I met a lot of jerks (people who were nice at first and then suddenly turned into douchebags). So I started to build walls around me. I guess I never learned how to break them down.

Now there's this guy who is trying to get me out of my comfortzone and wants me to talk about my feelings but I don't know how and I'm scared.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Never liked someone
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes it is especially if the feelings are very strong like for me I can't get this girl out of my head
    She's constantly on my mind all day every day
    I took the leap of faith and told her how I felt maybe a little too early when we first started to hangout. I've never felt so vulnerable in my life
    What gave me the courage to say it to her was that I was convinced she felt the same way.
    But she didn't and lead me on making fun of my " feelings for her "with her friends
    But f*ck it. It's not the the of the world.
    Am still here continuing looking for someone new

0|0
    0|0
  • The question is.. do you *want* to let him in?

You haven't said whether you like him enough to even go there. If you do, don't break them down.. let him do it.

It's common for people to build walls when they have been hurt, because they are scared of getting hurt again - and that's okay!
    But you are in control of how quickly you let him in. Take it slow and let him in only when you are comfortable enough to trust him. That can take time and there is no time limit, so don't feel pressured from him (or you) thinking you gotta tell him everything as soon as he wants it.

Look after you and your heart!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• It is normal during your first experiences. You know this person can make you happy but you can't help but think about what if things went south and how hurt you'd be.
    That's just fear you have to let go, unless you have legitimate clues the guy is a jerk, then this fear is reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not go to extremes - Walls/No Walls. Balance. Proceed slowly and let someone in over time as they earn your trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m pretty much the same. Lots of unreciprocated affections or triangles, so I’ve built walls. It’s normal

1|0
    0|0
  • Try not to worry about that, be honest and open. I'd like to say whats the worst that can happen but I don't know what you have been through.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s normal you must like him to and be attracted to him too otherwise you wouldn’t be nervous or anxious around him

0|1
    0|0
  • Completely normal

0|0
    0|0
  • we think they might leave us

0|0
    0|0
  • Never liked someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course