What to wear to go out to dinner/drinks on a first date?

i don’t do this dating thing too much I just turned 18 and got too used to being picked up by guys in their cars and hooking up w them... but I’m over that and a genuinely really nice guy asked me out and I obviously want to make an effort but don’t want to overdo it. Girls, what do you usually wear on dates. Guys, what would you expect/like her to be wearing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Wear something that is... yourself. I like it when a girl decides to dress comfortably because i dont want them to think they have to make effort to be with me. I like to show them that they are beautiful just by wearing what they usually wear. I don't know that's just my mindset and im a genuinely nice guy so if he is too he might have the same mindset as me.

2|2
    0|0
  • Dress for the occasion and for the type of guy you read him to be. If I'm taking a girl to the Opera and when she met me I had a tie on... Well then she should expect me in a suit and I'd expect her in an evening gown with her hair and nails done. If I met her on the beach and I'm taking her to Chili's... I'd go tee or polo and jeans and I'd feel awkward if she overdressed me with smokey eyeliner and a cocktail dress. Hope that's helpful!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Wear a nice pair of pants, comfortable yet cute shoes, and a top you feel sexy in. I promise you he won't be able to take his eyes off you. Also remember hair pulled back from your face, makeup if you wear it. Also perfume is a must, one spray in the hair, collar bone area, stomach, and the back of your knees. Not too much but just enough to last the night and smell tempting if he gets close. Also make sure your nails are in good shape. Don't wanna scratch him if you get playful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Little black dress with a cropped denim jacket worn either cute sneakers or open toed booties!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Where will you be going on your date? What activities? What time of day/night?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if you are taking the hooking up portion of your description seriously ;) otherwise wear something smart casual... best middle ground for looking good and comfort...

0|0
    0|0
  • Expect her to wear something cute and to feel comfortable. Guys are not judging details of your outfit.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a legit first date (label and all) then I would like to think they will make an effort, I would clean up, dress up to show I care for this. It would be nice to see they think the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been on a lot of dates, but usually i ask what they are wearing (causal, semi-formal, formal.)

0|0
    0|0
  • How are you going out for drinks when you just turned 18?

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely no underwear, that's for sure

0|0
    1|0
  • Wish i could help you, good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • A blouse and jeans

0|0
    0|0
  • Go naked

0|0
    0|0
  • Bikini or lingere

0|0
    1|0
  • Do you still wanna fuck after? or during the date?

0|0
    1|0
  • drees to impress

0|0
    0|0
  • When all else fails, LBD

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Depends on where the date is taking place. generally i wear cute leggings and shirt, nice summer dress knee length or a romper. I would avoid wear anything shows a lot of cleavage you dont want him to get the wrong impression. Main thing is just be you

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I like to wear a band shirt, some pretty jewelry, my ouija board leather jacket, and black jeans. Also, eyeliner, black or navy blue lipstick, and a bit of lavender perfume.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go with something I feel comfy in , no to revealing but just cute enough to make a impression

0|0
    0|0
  • That largely depends on where you're going and what you'll be doing. What kind of restaurant or bar are you going to?

0|0
    0|0
  • It'll rely on your environment and the feelings between both of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • My go to for are jeans & leather jacket and I normally mix it up with the shoes depending on if it's day or night 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the place. We need more details in order to assist you. Going to a regular restaurant is different from a nice one with reservations etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pair of jeans and a nice top. Nothing too revealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never gone on a date 😢

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes