What to wear to go out to dinner/drinks on a first date?

i don’t do this dating thing too much I just turned 18 and got too used to being picked up by guys in their cars and hooking up w them... but I’m over that and a genuinely really nice guy asked me out and I obviously want to make an effort but don’t want to overdo it. Girls, what do you usually wear on dates. Guys, what would you expect/like her to be wearing?

1116

Most Helpful Guys

• Wear something that is... yourself. I like it when a girl decides to dress comfortably because i dont want them to think they have to make effort to be with me. I like to show them that they are beautiful just by wearing what they usually wear. I don't know that's just my mindset and im a genuinely nice guy so if he is too he might have the same mindset as me.

• Dress for the occasion and for the type of guy you read him to be. If I'm taking a girl to the Opera and when she met me I had a tie on... Well then she should expect me in a suit and I'd expect her in an evening gown with her hair and nails done. If I met her on the beach and I'm taking her to Chili's... I'd go tee or polo and jeans and I'd feel awkward if she overdressed me with smokey eyeliner and a cocktail dress. Hope that's helpful!

Most Helpful Girls

• Wear a nice pair of pants, comfortable yet cute shoes, and a top you feel sexy in. I promise you he won't be able to take his eyes off you. Also remember hair pulled back from your face, makeup if you wear it. Also perfume is a must, one spray in the hair, collar bone area, stomach, and the back of your knees. Not too much but just enough to last the night and smell tempting if he gets close. Also make sure your nails are in good shape. Don't wanna scratch him if you get playful.

• Little black dress with a cropped denim jacket worn either cute sneakers or open toed booties!