Not a wife material?

Im in a relationship w/ this guy for almost 2yrs and I started to talk to him about future plans and out of curiosity asked him if Im wife material but he immediately responded a big NO. I really want to get some advice if I should continue w/ our relationship. I've always believe that there's no point in staying w/ someone else who can't see their future being w/ me. Should I stay or go?
Updates:
He said that Im a girlfriend material but not a wife material just yet. He said that he's looking for something that he can't see in me.
When I started to cry he kept on apologizing and started telling me the things that he loves about me and will use the word BUT. He couldn't even tell me why he said NO in the first place and just mentioned that maybe he will find what he is looking for in me in the future

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I honestly don't know.
    You two should probably talk more about this.
    Try to find out what he wants and think more about what exactly you want.
    Does what you want *require* marriage?
    It's possible that the two of you are after different things and that you *should* find someone else.
    However I don't think you know enough yet to give up on this relationship.

You two need to talk more with eachother...
    And you need to work out what he is after in a wife and if he wants to get married in the first place.
    And *why* he wants the things he wants.
    That said, try not to *demand* these things from him.
    Just ask him and try to make things casual if you can.

1|0
    0|0
  • Did he explain WHY he believes you are not wife material?

0|0
    0|0
    • It sounds like he is just trying to "let you down" easy. If you've dated for 2 years and he doesn't yet see you as wife material, what are the odds that it will happen in the future?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to find out what he wants. Like my guy and I will never get married, as there is no need to. We are quite content just living together.

Maybe this is what your guy wants. Just to live together. Do not walk away yet, unlit you have been honest, open and explored all options.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• How about some more explanation as to why he thinks you're not?

If what you want is a husband and a family, then it doesn't make much sense to date someone that doesn't. It's your duty, your job, in dating, to make a determination, to discern, whether they are a match or not. Whether they are worthy of your investment in time and emotion. Most will not be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you ask him why not? Did you ask him where he thinks you're going and what his ideas are about your future together?

These are things you need to know, and then you can better decide how you'll proceed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Based on your update - I'd ditch him and run if he doesn't even know what is apparently missing. He doesn't know what he's looking for.. what if another 5 or 10 years down the road, he still hasn't found it?
      No thanks.. you only live once. Be with someone that counts!

• Go what's the point of being with him if your looking to get married one day and he doesn't think he'd want you as a wife? F him, loser

0|1
    0|0
    • Your first response is normally the right one... You can do so much better I think

• If you want to get married, then you should dump him now.

If you are ok with not getting married and are happy with the way things currently are, then you should continue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was he probably joking? ... He may not be ready for a relationship so it's probably a defence mechanism ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd ask him for a straight answer and if he doesn't give one move on. It might also be his commitment issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • Should I stay or should I go? More like, get the fuck out of that relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're going to have to change your ways and you're also going to have to learn how to be a good cook

0|0
    0|0
  • you answered your own question if he is not interested def go. i find that super strange though that he was with you for 2yrs and says a big NO to you

0|0
    0|0
  • He could have just be kidding you know! Maybe he was shocked by the question and freaked out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't continue you will waste more years of your life

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure whats the point of getting in relationship with not wife material woman

0|0
    0|0
  • How many previous partners have you had?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Ouch. Well thats just his opinion though. That doesn't mean you aren't. He is just tryna make it known to you that he doesn't see a future with you. Men always tell us what the feel, we just have open our eyes and listen.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is intelligent, and I think he will not leave you. He will, in the end, receive you as his wife. You should just try to make the thing he wants in you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on if you feel that way. Don't waste your time if you want to get married

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not wife material either tbh
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • If u want different things u should leave

0|0
    0|0
  • What a bastard. If you’re planning on getting married, leave him cause he’s obviously not serious about you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes