Not a wife material?

Im in a relationship w/ this guy for almost 2yrs and I started to talk to him about future plans and out of curiosity asked him if Im wife material but he immediately responded a big NO. I really want to get some advice if I should continue w/ our relationship. I've always believe that there's no point in staying w/ someone else who can't see their future being w/ me. Should I stay or go?
He said that Im a girlfriend material but not a wife material just yet. He said that he's looking for something that he can't see in me.
When I started to cry he kept on apologizing and started telling me the things that he loves about me and will use the word BUT. He couldn't even tell me why he said NO in the first place and just mentioned that maybe he will find what he is looking for in me in the future

715

Most Helpful Guys

• I honestly don't know.
    You two should probably talk more about this.
    Try to find out what he wants and think more about what exactly you want.
    Does what you want *require* marriage?
    It's possible that the two of you are after different things and that you *should* find someone else.
    However I don't think you know enough yet to give up on this relationship.

You two need to talk more with eachother...
    And you need to work out what he is after in a wife and if he wants to get married in the first place.
    And *why* he wants the things he wants.
    That said, try not to *demand* these things from him.
    Just ask him and try to make things casual if you can.

• Did he explain WHY he believes you are not wife material?

• It sounds like he is just trying to "let you down" easy. If you've dated for 2 years and he doesn't yet see you as wife material, what are the odds that it will happen in the future?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to find out what he wants. Like my guy and I will never get married, as there is no need to. We are quite content just living together.

Maybe this is what your guy wants. Just to live together. Do not walk away yet, unlit you have been honest, open and explored all options.