If you have ever told a partner that you needed a break, you weren't being completely candid with them, were you? There was more happening which you didn't want to discuss. What was really going on? If you have had a partner utter these words to you, what did you eventually come to understand about their meaning? Did they literally mean what they said or was there more going on below the surface?
- I've never had a partner
- I've never told a partner that I needed a break
- I told a partner I wanted a break because they were too clingy and I wanted them to back off
- I told a partner I wanted a break because I wanted some time to think about us.
- I told a partner I wanted a break because I wanted to break up and this was the easiest way to do it.
- I told a partner I wanted a break because I didn't want to feel guilty about spending time with someone else
- I told a partner I wanted a break because i was annoyed with their sorry ass and wanted some distance
Most Helpful Girls
For me it means something is 100% wrong and i'm thinking about breaking up.
I've already been told that. He said "i think we need a break". It broke my heart to pieces and i cried the whole night cause of him, cause to me that was a break up.
Then a week later he comes back, tells me he's sorry for what he said but that he said that cause he felt things were getting too intense between us (in other words he was falling for me but didn't want to), so i told him kindly to go fuck himself. That I wasn't a job for him to take a break whenever he feels like it. He felt bad about. I was already over it.
Most Helpful Guys
She told she wanted a break because she needed time to think about our relationship and all that bs but I didn't accept it and said if she wanted a break then she needed to break up with me and she did. Later I found out that the same day she texted a guy saying she wanted to hook up so...
- Show AllShow Less
I don't do polls.
If you can't make it work together how the hell will you make it work apart?
Taking a break = failure. Time to move on.
Why people keep on with others when there is no passion is completely baffling to me, I really just don't get it. If you're not gaga over your lover then cut them loose and find one that you are. It's not fair to either partner.