Girls, How do you feel about a guy saying “text me when you get home safe” after a date?

Out of habit I always ask a girl to text me when she gets home safe. I do this whether I like the girl or not.

I am even more inclined to do this after sex. I want to be a gentlemen. Also getting a nice text after we got sexual (especially if it was the first time) gives me a peace of mind she was cool with it.

But this turns some girls off?
  • Turn on. He’s a gentlemen
    Vote A
  • Turn on but only if we’d got sexual.
    Vote B
  • Turn off. It’s too nice I’m a big girl
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• That gives me warm feelings, when someone (even when it's my girlfriends) tell me to text them when I get home safely, it def gives a different feeling. Its more personable, and shows that the person really cares for you and wants to make sure you are alright.
    But... I like it when it's sincere, not like they say it for the sake of saying it.
    So in my opinion, I'd prefer if someone only said it if they really did care, so ask yourself if you are saying it because you really do care eve if you don't like the girl... don't give he false hope. If she likes you, and you can't reciprocate, saying those phrases can often lead her on, and that's not fair

3|0
    0|0
    • I do it out of habit and chivalry. Now if the girl was bitchy, disrespectful or making it downright obvious she wants nothing to do with me than so be it.

I also think that after getting sexual some women might feel some insecurities when they are going home. Even if it was just a one time hook up I feel responsibility to make sure they got home safe. It’s my way of saying “yeah I enjoyed that but I don’t think you are a hoe. I got the respect to care about your well being this evening”.

• Show All
    • Well after I get some action and I realize I’m not friend zoned im actually in a lot better mood.

• 😂😂😂 understandable

• Ehhh, it depends if the guy is more laid-back or jealous type. If he's the jealous kind, I'd feel it was a bit creepy, like he's wanting to keep tabs on me because he doesn't trust me or those around me. I'd probably text him a short, blunt (not rude/angry) text from the car.

But if he was more laid-back and we'd gotten along well, I'd think it was really sweet and wait til after I'd gotten settle at home before texting him back. If we'd been dating for a bit I'd probably send him a goodnight text as well before I fell asleep.

I don't think I'd say it's a 'turn on' though but just that it elevates what I think of him and how much I like him overall.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• Kinda ok if I like him

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, if a guy said that to me I would like that and think it's really sweet. I mean it depends on the girl, there is some girls that are like uhh what? I am not a child. But then me would think that the guy is showing he cares for me, and is showing a sign of I don't know protection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol at another response.

I would be confused if he didn't take her home. But if they drove separate cars? I'd probably ignore the text. I'm not going to text someone when it's really late at night, I very rarely look at my phone, and I wouldn't know the guy very well so I'm not going to take him seriously

It would have been better if he texted something along the lines of "I hope you got home safe. Maybe we can do this again sometime" or something along those lines.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand how it would turn some girls off? I think it's really considerate when a guy does that.

1|0
    0|0
    • The independent feminists

• Show All
    • Meh, or they are just in love with the idea of him... some people really can't learn to love a person despite all of their flaws. Those people are incapable of ever choosing a proper life partner

• @virginbish But the dbags their foot in the door. I genuine guys are expected to be patient. But there is only so much rejection they can take.

• My boyfriend even though we had ldr he told med that every single night when I was out..
    It made me feel he loves me
    He cares for me
    He eats me safe
    He doesn't wanna see me hurt
    And so much more

I did that as Well...

1|0
    0|0
  • My grandmother does the same thing, so if he does that, it’ll remind me of my grandmother and I’ll like him more.

2|0
    0|0
  • Another word to say "I care" and Caring is never wrong. Keep it up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shows he cares and actually wants to see you again, hence making sure you got home safe.

1|0
    1|0
  • We’re 30 miles away from each other so we always text each other when we get home. Makes me feel sweet

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to tell everyone to do so, although some of my friends take it too literally and text me 3am to say they got home lol

0|0
    0|0
  • 😂 the only man that could get away with that is my dad. Everyone else, I’ll just be annoyed with

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I never said that women didn’t say it too. I just think men started it

• I can't possibly see how that would be perceived as a turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend did that when ever we went out on a date,

0|0
    0|0
  • It shows he cares. But would it not be better if he took you home and made sure u are safe?

0|0
    0|0
  • well i do this too soooooo

2|0
    0|0
  • not a turn on it means he isn't a dick

0|0
    2|0
    • Yep yep yep. Either these other girls are all lying and deep down want asshole guys (because they are always alpha right?). Or you are a minority of women.

I really hope it’s the latter.

• Omgeee thats so sweet

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s very thoughtful.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like that a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • You are a sweetheart! ❤️

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel he cares for me and is a gentleman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg that's sweet lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It shows that you care and you're a sweetheart

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a nice attention

1|0
    0|0
  • Better yet why don't you take here home.

1|0
    0|0
  • You show her that you care

0|0
    0|0
  • I like that

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s customary

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's a sweet thing for a man to do 😊😊

0|0
    0|1
  • A gentleman, very rare and attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes