Girls, How do you feel about a guy saying “text me when you get home safe” after a date?

Out of habit I always ask a girl to text me when she gets home safe. I do this whether I like the girl or not.

I am even more inclined to do this after sex. I want to be a gentlemen. Also getting a nice text after we got sexual (especially if it was the first time) gives me a peace of mind she was cool with it.

But this turns some girls off?
  • Turn on. He’s a gentlemen
  • Turn on but only if we’d got sexual.
  • Turn off. It’s too nice I’m a big girl
    Vote C

34

Most Helpful Girls

• That gives me warm feelings, when someone (even when it's my girlfriends) tell me to text them when I get home safely, it def gives a different feeling. Its more personable, and shows that the person really cares for you and wants to make sure you are alright.
    But... I like it when it's sincere, not like they say it for the sake of saying it.
    So in my opinion, I'd prefer if someone only said it if they really did care, so ask yourself if you are saying it because you really do care eve if you don't like the girl... don't give he false hope. If she likes you, and you can't reciprocate, saying those phrases can often lead her on, and that's not fair

• I do it out of habit and chivalry. Now if the girl was bitchy, disrespectful or making it downright obvious she wants nothing to do with me than so be it.

I also think that after getting sexual some women might feel some insecurities when they are going home. Even if it was just a one time hook up I feel responsibility to make sure they got home safe. It’s my way of saying “yeah I enjoyed that but I don’t think you are a hoe. I got the respect to care about your well being this evening”.

• Well after I get some action and I realize I’m not friend zoned im actually in a lot better mood.

• 😂😂😂 understandable

• Ehhh, it depends if the guy is more laid-back or jealous type. If he's the jealous kind, I'd feel it was a bit creepy, like he's wanting to keep tabs on me because he doesn't trust me or those around me. I'd probably text him a short, blunt (not rude/angry) text from the car.

But if he was more laid-back and we'd gotten along well, I'd think it was really sweet and wait til after I'd gotten settle at home before texting him back. If we'd been dating for a bit I'd probably send him a goodnight text as well before I fell asleep.

I don't think I'd say it's a 'turn on' though but just that it elevates what I think of him and how much I like him overall.