Help! I always run away from guys and end up hurting them. How can I stop doing this?

I'm 22, and I have never been in a relationship before, though not for the lack of opportunities to. I want to fall in love, I want to do couple things but every single time the possibility presents itself I freak the hell out. Like, literally being terrified of the prospect, dreading to reply their texts or to meet them, and a general feeling of anxiety that pervades the very air. Even if I was interested in them before, I just suddenly stopped being interested. When this happened, I used to avoid the guys while dropping subtle hints that I wasn't into them anymore (or at all, when I realized they liked me) but they never seem to really get it and things drag on for weeks before I finally tell them straight up. Lately, I think I have gotten better at it and quit this avoiding mentality and be upfront and honest to guys but I'll still feel terrible about hurting them. A close friend has also told me that because I'm well cute, and always so friendly, guys are attracted to me and I kind of end up leading them on even though I don't mean to (and I'm friendly to everyone in the same way I swear). Recently I got drunk and lost my v card to a guy in a one night stand. Or at least it was a one time thing on my part but I think while I was drunk I might have led him on and I heard from a mutual friend that he's feeling really sad right now after I told him that I wasn't into him that way. (To be honest, I was attracted to him and he was really nice and sweet and considerate but also he seems to be a playboy and I don't know if I want to commit and truthfully, the crux of it is that I'm just terrified of things becoming serious). What is wrong with me?
  • Emotionally unavailable?
  • Philophobia?
  • Intimacy issues?
    Vote C
  • Others
    Vote D

11