How long after dating someone do you ask to be official?

Ok something I want to address is the reason why you asked someone. I get it may come more naturally to some but to me its more on the lines of clear communication. A guy or girl is still allowed to see and to talk to other people while they are still technically single. The question is more to see where the other person is at.

2227

Most Helpful Guys

• A bit after a month or 5-6 dates. Long enough that if they were putting on an act to impress you, their true selves came through and you'd know. So if after this time they're still cool and not clingy or have issues, you know they were genuine and being themselves.

• I struggle with this too. I've dated a girl for 6 months and we never became official, and another girl we were official after a few weeks. I wish there was a clear-cut answer to these questions, but the truth is it just depends. How often do you see each other? How often do you talk? More importantly how do those interactions go? Therein lies your answer.

• I can totally relate to wanting to know if the other person is "talking" to other people. The way I've gone about it before is saying something along these lines "I want you to know that I'm not seeing any other people." Usually after you say that the person does something that gives away whether they are or not-- either they say they aren't seeing anyone else, or they kind of hesitate. At this point you can follow up by saying something along the lines of "I just want to know if you're seeing other people so I can be fair to myself."

Most Helpful Girls

• My current boyfriend and I made it offical the 1st time we met.
    We met, had sex, and made it offical all in that order. We had talked for a week or so prior to actually meeting. We've been together almost 3 1/2 years now. When i asked him why he made it official so quick he said he felt a spark and just new. Whatever that means. But it worked for us. But it really varies.

• I’ve been seeing a guy almost 6 months and we still don’t have the label. We’re happy with what we have and know we’re loyal to each other. Not everything needs a label