Guys, Is asking a guy out a turn on or off?

There is this guy I like and we’ve flirted. I want to ask him out. Would that be too direct or do guys find it attractive?
Updates:
Thanks for the feedback, now just to figure out how to get the courage to do this lol

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• The way I see it is, a man will move mountains to be with a girl he;s interested in enough. If he hasn't asked you out, then he's just not that into you. if you ask him out, he might say yes, but it will always be luke warm, and a case of ''oh well might as well I guess''. That's how I see it.

There is a girl I know, I used to flirt with her, and she is clearly into me... but I never liked her enough to invest my time in her otherwise I'd have made a move.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. Just talk about random stuff for a minute and say: "let's meet up and go somewhere. What do you say?" Or something like that.

All that "guys have to do this and girls have to do that" stuff has been proven ineffective and should be thrown out the window.

Modesty and shivalry used to be used to mask the fact that we're all flawed humans, but the truth is out, so just be yourself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 81

• He may be initially surprised, but it's definitely a turn-on if a Woman is interested enough in you to Approach.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had a lady ask me out and to be honest if one did it would be so refreshing. The guy typically has to chase; do the asking and be the ones that are direct. It's a lot of guess work, so whatever she can do to clear ambiguity would be extraordinarily helpful to me and I think most men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be straightforward with him and don't beat around the bush.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out.
    Now as for HOW, maybe ask him to dinner. Guys LOVE eating! (I should know: I'm a guy and I certainly love eating.)
    And at the end of the night before you part ways, tell him you had a great time with him and kiss him on the cheek.
    That's worked on me twice and I'm definitely shy around women. If he's that way too, he'll appreciate you making the move.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy with social anxiety, I will always be relieved when I am asked out, even if I wouldn't necessarily agree with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if he likes you.

People in general like what they can’t have. So you asking him out could make it look like you’re easier to date, and maybe he likes a challenge.

Relationships are dumb and complicated I’m 20 take what I say with some grains

0|0
    0|0
  • I would actually love that. It would save me the trouble of doing it myself and it would make me upgrade myself and impress her more because she seems to have more confidence than I did and just did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes as guys we don't pick up on hints and clues. Yes if someone was into me I would want her to tell me. But then I still want to plan the date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Um it doesn't really matter. I think it is fine either way if a girl asks a guy out. It shouldn't just be the guy lol so go for it. Ig its a turn on xD

0|0
    0|0
  • A complete and i repeat a COMPLETE turn off. By eliminating the the chasing aspect you place yourself on a platter wich by itself makes you a easy pray hence the guy will fool around and quickly loose interest. For me personally it will end right then and there for a number of reasons. Lets say it makes you look desperate cuz lets be honest wich self respectful woman would want a guy that doesn't even have the balls to ask her on a date.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ask him there's nothing more attractive than a girl who knows what she wants. And if you've been flirting with him trust me he's expecting me he probably is thinking the same thing and wants to ask you out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love it if a woman would ask me out. If I am like some guys just come right up to me and say. Look I find you attractive and I would like to take it up a notch or two. I want you and I to be an us. What do you think?

0|0
    0|0
  • We like it because it rarely happens, trust me, it's a good thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • absolutely. however, some guys may react different than others... consider showing some nice cleavage or irresistible perfume... don't worry about smithing getting physical, just let him know you really want his attention

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's a turn on, but I'm pretty submissive. Some guys do find it emasculating, most would be relieved to not have to ask themselves though probably

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on the individual guy. We are not a collective entity that shares a hive mind. We are individuals with different personalities.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It’s not a problem. Most guys appreciate it. It doesn’t mean they’re going to definitely say yes but it’s not going to hurt your chances. It’s going to be flattering at the very least.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a turn on to some (including me), but others prefer to do the asking

0|0
    0|0
  • no its not a problem because i like it if a girl talks to me because i am shy to some people so i like it if she talks to me and asks out

0|1
    0|0
  • Just do it.
    I have been in the other side
    & I was too shy & afraid to ask her out
    & When she asked me out it was really awesome :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Depending on how you do it, it's something that most guys really appreciate, you can notice if he does, if he gets filled with happiness at the moment you ask him :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You can be straight forward with you emotions but if it's possible to make him ask you out... Take some time have patience n keep him closer n try to make him ask out?

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditionally guys are the ones that engage the females first, but when a girl engages a guy it's pretty attractive as well. Shows us that she knows what she wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it's a turn on, I for one would be thrilled that a girl asked me out, girls asking guys out is not really seen a lot, but when it happens it's awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been dreaming that one day a girl would ask me out.

0|2
    0|0
  • that obviously depends on his interest to begin with xD rejection can happen. you don't get around that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it! As a guy, I'd love if a woman asked me out! It's nice to not have to do everything in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are gonna ask him out then you are a symbol of equality😂a girl asking a guy out is very attractive

0|1
    0|0
  • Do it. The courage is already there. I'm rooting for you.

0|2
    0|0
  • I honestly find it attractive when a girl is courageous.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as you insinuate as a date and lead him to asking if it is at minimum it's fine I have always been cool with it but play it by ear

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes