How long should I wait before entering a new relationship?

I broke up with my very first boyfriend about two months ago. We had dated a year. He was really mentally abusive there at the end so our relationship was pretty much over 3 months ago. I was really upset but honestly I was mentally prepared for the breakup being inevitable because of our issues. It took me about a month to sort out my emotions. I've been fine for a month now, single, not upset, I even see him in public and we still smile and say hey. We're over each other- at least I'm over him.

a few days ago I was approached by a guy at college, who asked for my number. I have him my social media instead and he DMed me a bit. We ended up casually hanging out today.

I really like him, but at the same time I feel really weird about it. Having literally just getting out of a relationship I feel like it's wrong to even talk to this guy. I don't want to be jumping in and out of relationships, even though I've only ever had one boyfriend.

My question is, how long is a good amount of time to wait between relationships?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends, 3 months isn't bad BUT you should take things slow and eventually be upfront with him if you sense you guys could be more, let him know you want to take things slow.

Most Helpful Girl

• until you realize the break up doesn't make you cry anymore.