Boyfriend was upset when I told him I want to take birth control pills? Why?

So to make a long story short, I have never taken birth control pills because there was never a need to. I am not sexually active and I'm waiting until marriage to have sex. But... my boyfriend and I are getting serious and so I began thinking that I should go on the pill because I'm losing my virginity to him soon. We have a long distance relationship and when I go down to visit him, I know we will probably have sex for the first time. When I finally brought it up, he had an attitude and seemed rather upset. I asked "Why do you sound so upset?" He was like "Honestly I'm just not convinced you should go on birth control." I was like "What? Why not?" Then he began saying things like "What if it gives you fertility issues and you can't have kids in the future?" I was like "That's not true. Some girls begin taking birth control in their teens & have kids later on without problems." He hesitated and was like "There are other methods of avoiding pregnancy. I can use the pull out method or use condoms." I was like "Condoms break and there's no guarantee it would work. I want to be in control of preventing pregnancy." He was all offended and said "You don't want to have babies with me ever?" I was like "Of course I do. Just not anytime soon." After a long time of walking on eggshells around him he finally says "Do what you want I guess. But I can buy you the birth control pills myself." What is going on in his head? I'm only 22 and in no way ready to have a baby. He tells me he wants us to have kids very soon and wouldn't mind if it happened right this second? Lol

01