Act as a couple, but aren’t. How do I get more out of this?

I’ve been seeing this guy for a year and a half now. I ended up getting pregnant after 6 months. During that time, I also had my bank account hacked and was scammed out of a job and left my job and was not able to get it back. I ended up moving in with the father of my child. We do everything like a married couple. He has supported me during my pregnancy, financially and emotionally, which I am extremely grateful for. Fast forward 18 months later, Our son is 2 months old and I am back at work. We live together in a new place and both contribute to bills. During a recent argument he said “we are not dating.” I assumed we were since he always refers to me as “his girl.” He said he only says that because saying he lives with the mother of his child would sound weird. We sleep in the same bed, eat dinner together like we are together, go on dates, he is always super affectionate with me... but, I am so confused. Where is this going? Am I wasting my time?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Ok the big question that you are not clear on is are you still having sex? - If you are it would seem that you are doing everything like a couple - Now his "We are not dating" was said in heat of the moment, he has to get credit for helping with the child but is he in a bizarre mindset where he feels that he is entitled to some of the benefits of a relationship because of his support without committing to you.
    Right you obviously have to discuss it with him and if it comes to it that he doesn't want a relationship with you, you say fine you can still be part of the childs life but you can't expect free candy just because you are horny.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes