Was I wrong for thinking his text was brushing me off?

This guy texted me good morning and we chatted a bit, we did not get to chat much had very busy day but was about him. My phone was delaying texts so sometimes throughout the day it would take a little longer for me to reply. At the end of the night, I finally had a chance to chat in depth and told him how my day went. He just replied hope I had a great day and hope that I have a great night. It was already later at night and he knew I was probably at home for the night. So why would he not respond to me telling him how my day went and asking him how his day went but just tell me to have a great night? Feels like for whatever reason he was trying to brush me off so I basically told him to take care. Was I wrong thinking he was brushing me off?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• There are no body language, facial expression, or vocal tone cues with text messages. This causes people sometimes to read way too much into them. I think that's what you're doing here. My philosophy on texts is to never make them more important than actual voice or face-to-face interactions.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Weren’t you doing the same thing during the day though? Why does he need to respond instantly just because you’re now free?

2|0
    1|0
    • I guess because I tried to explain I had a very busy day and thought he would understand.

• And he most likely does, people get busy with their lives and have commitments and responsibilities. I’m just trying to point out that you did, so it’s not unlikely he also does. Cutting him off because you’re feeling second tier to whatever he is doing seems premature given the behaviour earlier in the day - when you could expend a small amount of effort to see if you can work out your schedules to communicate a little better

• I agree, it just seemed like he was trying to be mean by saying have a great night knowing I was home for the night, i took at is i do not want to talk to you and i really waited all day to have time to talk to him.

• Texting causes a lot of misunderstandings. Ask him directly.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes