Was this harsh for him to say, or is it just me?

So I started to see this guy 19 years older than me. He has a son from a previous marriage that son is 12. We were talking about me going over to his house and I never said anything about meeting his son and he said "it's going to be months before I introduce you" I understand the feeling I just think it's kind of harsh to say am I wrong? How should I feel should I ignore and move on... I just feel he wants to spend time at my house only and such and that bothers me

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't understand because you are not a parent.

Is the boy's mother involved in his life? Dad doesn't the boy being interrogated by his mother on the subject of dad's new girlfriend.

The boy's mother is not involved? Maybe dad doesn't want the boy to get attached to you and then, if you break up, the boy hurts, too! Or the boy gets attached to you, dad wants to break up but doesn't want the boy to be hurt, so dad stays with you for the benefit of the boy.

Dating people with small children can be difficult.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it is, but he may not have realized he hurt your feelings. Parents are protective of their children's feelings. He is attempting to provide a stable environment for his son which could be disrupted by the continous introduction of various females should a relationship fail. A 19 year age difference in western society would cause him to be insecure as well and humans can act and say irrational things when they feel insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Between this and your previous post, it sounds like you only just started talking to him. Have you met IRL yet?
    Given the circumstances, it could be months, so I don't think it's harsh really.. just honest. I'm guessing he's just outlining how things might go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there are can be many reasons but the bold ones are: 1) he is nervous to let you meet his kid because he thinks that you will look at the kid as a burden. 2) he just feels lonely and wants to be with a woman to spend time or have sex to cope up with his sex drive. 3) he wants to know you better on a personal level before letting his son to be closer to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • This guy is more than double your age, there is the possibility he's using you and doesn't intend on ever including you in his day to day life and family.

0|0
    0|0
    • ... there's also a possibility that he's not.

• Show All
    • @Rixdare Age plays a role but mostly because of his family connections, friends and social circle. It would be extremely rare that a nineteen year old girl would fit in with mid forty year old's social circles.

• I'm not 19? Lol

• I think he just wanted to set a boundary. Like if he just introduces girls he starts dating really early on and maybe the relationship doesn't work out his son would see his father just bringing home different women all the time and he doesn't want his son getting that kind of impression. It's nothing to offend you he just wants to make sure it'll be serious before he introduces you.

That's his son. Taking care of his son and being a proper role model is his first priority. So you have to be okay with not being and possibly never being his first priority.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes