Was this harsh for him to say, or is it just me?

So I started to see this guy 19 years older than me. He has a son from a previous marriage that son is 12. We were talking about me going over to his house and I never said anything about meeting his son and he said "it's going to be months before I introduce you" I understand the feeling I just think it's kind of harsh to say am I wrong? How should I feel should I ignore and move on... I just feel he wants to spend time at my house only and such and that bothers me

06

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't understand because you are not a parent.

Is the boy's mother involved in his life? Dad doesn't the boy being interrogated by his mother on the subject of dad's new girlfriend.

The boy's mother is not involved? Maybe dad doesn't want the boy to get attached to you and then, if you break up, the boy hurts, too! Or the boy gets attached to you, dad wants to break up but doesn't want the boy to be hurt, so dad stays with you for the benefit of the boy.

Dating people with small children can be difficult.