Disappointed in my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year and a half and we just kind of started living together, he was always at my place and it just kind of worked out, but now thinking back I'm feeling sad and disappointed. We have never gone on an actual date, we never did the whole trying to win each other over or even the small gifts and surprises. We went straight into a married couple style living situation, we both go to work come home I make dinner and clean up the house and thats just whats been expected. Should I be disappointed we never did anything special?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're disappointed in your boyfriend then you have to be dissapointed in yourself too, you are just as at fault for the state of your relationship. It's not too late to add more romance and adventure to your relationship, if you want that then you can try to ask your boyfriend to go out, if you work out a time that fits both of your schedules and find something you both enjoy then he shouldn't have a reason to refuse. Even married couples can do things like this, there is no style of couple, there are 80 year old married couples who go on dinner dates twice a week and go out dancing once a week. I'm just saying, find a relationship style that works for you, but this "married couple style" is merely a stereotype, if you want more dates and romance then tell your partner and maybe find a different partner if his expectations of life and a relationship are incompatible with yours.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to compare yourself to the traditional relationships and couples in order to see whether your relationship is happy or not. Maybe your boyfriend is just more of a home guy who doesn't like to go out that often.
    But anyway like @Danielleo said it's not late and never too late to go out if u want it. What's important is that you don't find it as an opportunity to feel as if you missed out on something or to be disappointed at him. He might have not done it on purpose