Do you feel guilty seeing your SO after infidelity?

Anonymous left on for obvious reasons. Hide away behind the computers, i’m not here to judge, just to learn.

Follow up Q’s:
- does the amount of guilt depend on how frequently you see / talk to the other man or woman?

- do you feel less guilty if it was a one time cheat?

311

Most Helpful Guys

• I did cheat and felt awful. That said, I never ever let her know-that might have made me feel better but it would have grieved her terribly and its another terrible thing to do. If you feel guilty resolve not to repeat the behavior but unless you figure out why you cheated in the first place you will probably repeat it. (especially if you still see/talk/interact with whoever you cuckolded him with) Why not be honest and just break up. If it was more then a one time cheat it has a name-an affair. Break up if things are so bad you are seeking sex elsewhere.
    BTW-men have a tendency to act out violently and women act out sexually. No one condones violence. No one should condone cheating. A woman who cheats is of the same morality as a man who strikes a woman

• I have never cheated physically but have developed feelings for another person to make me doubt whatever relationship I was in at the time. Some say emotional infidelity is worse than physical. So in respect of your questions
    (1) Yes definitely I felt that I was disrespecting her by acting like I was choosing between two shirts in a shop. Actually I feel guilt towards both women because I ain't exactly behaving with honour
    (2) To a degree but mainly on the strength of feeling you have for second person
    (3) Because of the feelings you couldn't describe it as a one time cheat.

Most Helpful Girl

• I happened to fall for another guy about a year ago, although I never acted upon it and cut off any contact with him shortly after it still made me feel guilty as hell towards my boyfriend for a quite long time. I never questioned my relationship though.

• We cannot help being tempted but you acted honorably and have nothing to feel guilty about. You recognized the threat and acted accordingly by not putting yourself into temptation to cheat. My admiration! That is exactly how a guy wishes his girl would respond in such a situation. Be proud of yourself for how you handled it rather than feeling guilty for even feeling a temptation.