Do you feel guilty seeing your SO after infidelity?

Anonymous left on for obvious reasons. Hide away behind the computers, i’m not here to judge, just to learn.

Follow up Q’s:
- does the amount of guilt depend on how frequently you see / talk to the other man or woman?

- do you feel less guilty if it was a one time cheat?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I did cheat and felt awful. That said, I never ever let her know-that might have made me feel better but it would have grieved her terribly and its another terrible thing to do. If you feel guilty resolve not to repeat the behavior but unless you figure out why you cheated in the first place you will probably repeat it. (especially if you still see/talk/interact with whoever you cuckolded him with) Why not be honest and just break up. If it was more then a one time cheat it has a name-an affair. Break up if things are so bad you are seeking sex elsewhere.
    BTW-men have a tendency to act out violently and women act out sexually. No one condones violence. No one should condone cheating. A woman who cheats is of the same morality as a man who strikes a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never cheated physically but have developed feelings for another person to make me doubt whatever relationship I was in at the time. Some say emotional infidelity is worse than physical. So in respect of your questions
    (1) Yes definitely I felt that I was disrespecting her by acting like I was choosing between two shirts in a shop. Actually I feel guilt towards both women because I ain't exactly behaving with honour
    (2) To a degree but mainly on the strength of feeling you have for second person
    (3) Because of the feelings you couldn't describe it as a one time cheat.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I happened to fall for another guy about a year ago, although I never acted upon it and cut off any contact with him shortly after it still made me feel guilty as hell towards my boyfriend for a quite long time. I never questioned my relationship though.

0|1
    0|0
    • We cannot help being tempted but you acted honorably and have nothing to feel guilty about. You recognized the threat and acted accordingly by not putting yourself into temptation to cheat. My admiration! That is exactly how a guy wishes his girl would respond in such a situation. Be proud of yourself for how you handled it rather than feeling guilty for even feeling a temptation.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd think that anyone with a conscience, would feel guilty after being unfaithful. And seeing the one you love, or the one you had the affair with, would both brings pangs of guilt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I avoid men when my boyfriends act stupid so I don't cheat. Never happened so far with that technique.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never cheated but if I did I’d feel like an utter pos

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't ever been unfaithful, but I would hope so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone would...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been unfaithful , so I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know. I have never cheated on anyone...

0|0
    0|0
  • no, can't say i do

0|0
    0|0
  • I never felt any guilty.

0|0
    0|1
  • What's happening T? Are you cheating on a SO or is some dude cheating on his SO with you and feeling guilty about it?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t feel guilty about it because i don’t even know her 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just noticed he’s seemingly feeling less guilty about it the more it goes on and i wondered if it’s just an act or if he’s finally loosening up

• Show All
    • ya tinder.

• Cool. So he set it up in your locale since he works there? Makes good sense. If he's there weekly you should have some regular meetings. Any plan to see him again soon?

• not at all

0|0
    0|0
    • are you in a healthy, stable and loving relationship?

• Show All
    • do you at least still have the other girl or did she lose interest when you became single?

sucks she found out. I imagine when there’s no guilt involved it’s pretty damn exhilarating

• yup she lost interest and got a boyfriend now, so all in all i lost everything

Recommended myTakes