Would you date a tomboy? Do girly girls just have more sexual appeal?

Despite being a bit girlier now as I've gotten in better touch with my femininity, I consider myself a tomboy at heart (I'm not gay or bi or anything {I'm straight}, I just grew up with 2 brothers and enjoy "guy activities"). I think it's more so how I carry myself; how I talk to guys as if they were my "bro", how I walk, and how I generally act around guys. For some reason though, it seems as if guys are only ever attracted to girly girls and it makes me lose hope with guys I think are attractive. Why do guys seem so much more into prissy high maintenance girls who would possibly make them do things they don't want to, when they could have an equally attractive girlfriend who will play sports with them and be like a best friend they can be romantic with?

I know there all types of girls, both tomboyish and girly and mixes, and it might just be the media that's shaped my opinion but I'd like to hear from guys. What do you guys think?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Not an issue, my wife is like a tomboy, and I love it, we have so much in common, even play wrestling, not that I get to win much, but all good fun.

When they get to know you, huys will fall over backwards for you.

1|1
    0|0
  • I love tomboy girls! that means they will have fun and go out to do things outside instead of sitting inside, wanting a fancy restaurant, or putting on about 20 different types of make up to make themselves "beautiful". lol

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a tomboy, many guys find me attractive

We are more real

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I like tomboys. I like that they like a lot of guy stuff that we can do together.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's more about the fact that girly girls tend to better cooking than tomboys. :)

tvtropes.org/.../FeminineWomenCanCook

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TomboyAngst

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, as long as she still can dress like a girl, no short hair, doesn't get tattoos, and isn't hanging out with other guys.
    Oh, and I don't want her purposely burping and farting. That isn't a guy thing, that is just a rude and unattractive thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like mixes, but tomboys are great too. (I’d hope she still have long hair, though. Like at least a ponytail, or something.) I definitely find athletic girls hot. Having a bit of a Wonder Woman feel. lol

0|0
    1|0
  • As long as you don't look like a boy its not that important. Its the personality that matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like tomboy girls tbh, it is a turn off to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would date a Tomboy type of girl, i don't see it being a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never date a tomboy.

0|0
    1|0
  • The only girls that I am into are tomboys!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah. As long as she is hot

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is a tomboy

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. I am attracted to more outdoorsy types.

1|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere in the middle. I like a women who isn't too girly and high maintenance but who knows how to be feminine, too.

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes