Boyfriend going on overnight trip, worried?

My boyfriend is going on a trip overnight with a group of guys (mixed between single and taken guys). They are staying over night in a hotel. So there will be lots of drinking alcohol and partying. one of the guys is single and always looking to hit on and sleep with girls. My boyfriend is best friends with this guy and I'm worried he will do the same as him and try to sleep with a girl and cheat on me. I will never find out so I'm scared he will cheat on me. I would be heartbroken if he did. What should I do? I will be worried the whole time he is gone :(

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you with your boyfriend, if you have so little trust in him? Do you have reason to believe he will cheat on you, or is it just that you are worried about this because of his friend? The reason I asked why are you with him, if you trust him so little, is because you need to put this into perspective. If you are with him, you must at least trust him to a good degree. If you trust him to a good degree, then why worry so much, that he will cheat? Perhaps, and I don't know, the real issue is that you have difficulty trusting others. Perhaps you have been hurt in the past, and this is a reflection on that time. Stand back a little, review your relationship, ask yourself, are there real reasons to worry so much, or is most of it just anxiety from the past?

• To be honest I do trust him for the most part. He says he loves me, I know he does. It's because this friend of his is single and always sleeping around with girls, it makes me uncomfortable that they will both be drinking together etc. My boyfriend has said before he would never cheat on me (he has been cheated on before)

• Great advice. I can't imagine him actually cheating on me especially cos he seems to love me so much. He has said I'm the second girl he has loved truly ( his ex, that cheated, was the first). It will still be in the back of my mind though until he comes back. Just because there will be alcohol involved and away from home etc.

• Asker: I'm glad it will be in the back of your mind, and not such a big worry as to ruin your day or weekend. And plan a welcome back party. Either that night, or if he's too worn out from the trip, the next night or so. That is, a party for two.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can’t control him. If he’s gonna cheat he’s gonna cheat sooner or later n there’s nothing you can do about it. Believe it or not guys going out n drinking is pretty damn normal. Let him go, he hasn’t done anything to make you believe he’d cheat so as of right now you are overreacting.

• I am letting him go. I haven't said this to him at all. I will text him later to have fun. So he doesn't know, it's just I'll be worried :/

• So , I mean no one likes this. But really this is how you learn if you can trust him. My guy travels a lot and is gone frequently. I never like it but I’ve learned to be ok with it.