Do you ever just not feel a connection with someone on a first date?

I went on a first date with a guy yesterday and he seemed genuinely interested in me. He wanted to spend the whole day with me and made tons of eye contact through out.. he also walked me to my friend’s place which was like a little less than a mile from where we were so he was quite nice. For some reason, I feel as though I am not really attracted to him in that way. I would love to be friends with him but there’s just not a “spark” or a connection. Have you guys ever had that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Pheromones and other science shit. Tell him up front you want to be friends so he doesn't get a different impression and doesn't try to pursue something that isn't going to happen.

Are you physically attracted to him?

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s the thing lol I don’t think I am. He def seems to be but I don’t think we are the same place.

• That could be the issue. Physical attraction is required, on some level and with some exceptions, for there to be a spark.

• I think it’s one of the reasons for sure but not the only one

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah, and it was after a really good date, too. Maybe you should try a second date to see if your Feelings Change?

1|0
    0|0
    • I am not sure about a second date yet.. I did tell him we should hangout soon and he kept picking days and I wasn’t sure lol so I was just like yeah we can figure it out. I am just not feeling it if that makes sense

• Show All
    • Also how do I friendzone him? I am sure he’ll text next week

• Friendzoning him is telling him you just want to be Friends. Better to do that in Person, e. g., over coffee if you can, rather than texting that to him

• Yeah lol

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s funny because there can be nothing wrong with the guy but there’s just not a strong attraction/connection lol how do you explain that

• Show All
    • Tbh I don’t think anyone can explain it. I just wanted to know if everyone feels this way at some point

• Yeah I have felt the same way on a few different occasions

• follow me back? I am romanemperor

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes