Am I not good enough for him?

Alright so it's been bothering me even though I asked him. I met my boyfriend friends last night for the first time. We walked in and he introduced me as his lady friend and said my name. My BOYFRIEND introduced me as a lady friend. Wtf is this? I looked up the definition and it said "FWB or just a friend" He hasn't pressured me into sex or anything I didn't wanna do for that matter. He always pays for me, looks out for the best in me, and always asks advice on what to do. He walked on the side of the street on the side walk so it would be safer. I met his family and hung out with his sister. It says on fb that were in a relationship. I asked him what it meant he said "it's another term for gf" he said awhile back when we first met, he wasn't good with wording. So maybe that is it? Am I overthinking this? I don't wanna be a friend to him.. I wanna be his girl.. I mean he tells me he loves me and calls me babe and beautiful. But like I feel like our relationship isn't one anymore. I always introduce him as my boyfriend. Now I feel like I am not good enough anymore..
Updates:
Should I break it off?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Another term for girlfriend, I think you're overthinking this. Lady, woman etc. can be used interchangeably. Tell him you'd prefer he not use the term lady friend in the future. Maybe he thought it sounded more mature.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh. Shit. I sound like a bitch now. DX

• Show All
    • There's gotta be a reason though. Now I feel like he isn't serious about me.

• I don't think so, but I would talk to him about it and tell him you'd prefer the term "girlfriend" in the future. Be polite and he has no reason not to hear you out

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him you prefer "girlfriend" title and explain your reasonings. If he still choose he "lady friend" one there might be a reason.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• overthinking these days is sometimes beyond my mind i really mean that
    my girlfriend and i did that too , she said 3 times words that made me mad
    i did the same to her , she was mad , but when saomething bothers you talk this out we did tha and its over / conversation helps to get to know and understand other person
    dont hide it inside because later those all things that bother u will be a ticking bomb

0|0
    0|0
  • You are over thinking this if u think it's a major issue just ask him lol

1|0
    0|0
    • I did. He said it was another term for girlfriend.

• Show All
    • Oh I am immature?

• If u are going to refer to him as guyfrind for the sole porpuse to upset him then yes you are

• Wtaf. Srsly? And you are thinking all of this just because he said lady friend? The guy is obviously into you. But if you are already this eager to break up with him then it doesn't seem you are that into him and looking for a way out.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, "Lady friend" is NOT a girlfriend. It's a general friend or simple friends with benefits. How long have you been dating?

0|0
    0|0
    • That's exactly what I thought. It wasa a knife through my heart. Almost 8 months.

• Hmmm, maybe the lack of a sexual relationship has limited how deep his feelings for you go. Maybe you are more on the friendly side and not so much on the girlfriend side of the fence?

• Look, umm I don't know
    What kinda guy he is but you need to understand not every situation is equal, more details please

0|0
    0|0
  • You can read other peoples take on that term here www.urbandictionary.com/define.php

If he didn't introduce you as girlfriend, then I'd say there may be a part of his mind that has doubts. Lady friend is ambiguous and non commital, girlfriend is not. Men that are sure about you are not ambiguous.

0|0
    0|0
    • You gave me a link to urban dictionary, HAHAHAHA. That site is a joke.

• It reminds me of when I was with this girl that thought she wasn't good enough for me. She thought I'd introduce her to people in a casual and ambiguous way. When I introduced her as my girlfriend, she knew it communicated how I saw her.

If I felt embarrassed, I'd have tried to down play it in some way.

• It still gives others opinions. Some would say that this site was a joke too...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes