Am I not good enough for him?

Alright so it's been bothering me even though I asked him. I met my boyfriend friends last night for the first time. We walked in and he introduced me as his lady friend and said my name. My BOYFRIEND introduced me as a lady friend. Wtf is this? I looked up the definition and it said "FWB or just a friend" He hasn't pressured me into sex or anything I didn't wanna do for that matter. He always pays for me, looks out for the best in me, and always asks advice on what to do. He walked on the side of the street on the side walk so it would be safer. I met his family and hung out with his sister. It says on fb that were in a relationship. I asked him what it meant he said "it's another term for gf" he said awhile back when we first met, he wasn't good with wording. So maybe that is it? Am I overthinking this? I don't wanna be a friend to him.. I wanna be his girl.. I mean he tells me he loves me and calls me babe and beautiful. But like I feel like our relationship isn't one anymore. I always introduce him as my boyfriend. Now I feel like I am not good enough anymore..
Should I break it off?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Another term for girlfriend, I think you're overthinking this. Lady, woman etc. can be used interchangeably. Tell him you'd prefer he not use the term lady friend in the future. Maybe he thought it sounded more mature.

• Oh. Shit. I sound like a bitch now. DX

• There's gotta be a reason though. Now I feel like he isn't serious about me.

• I don't think so, but I would talk to him about it and tell him you'd prefer the term "girlfriend" in the future. Be polite and he has no reason not to hear you out

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him you prefer "girlfriend" title and explain your reasonings. If he still choose he "lady friend" one there might be a reason.