Do you think that you have to date someone before you marry them? And should you live together before marriage?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I think that's the only real way to ensure you two can make it long-term. Otherwise, you'd be marrying for largely superficial reasons.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The only alternative to dating before marriage is to either have an arranged marriage or to buy a mail order bride. I don't recommend either alternative.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. I need to know what habits there is before I commit to living with a dude as his wife. I need to know if he leaves the toilet seat up!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should live with them before marrying because it's when you truly know if you're compatible or not.
    Date yes if not how are you going to find someone?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think i have to date with the person before get married

Maybe he is not the true person..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why you think?

• Because marrying without dating or cohabiting was essentially for the time of arranged marriages. Many of those marriages still didn't work by our standards, but the norms and the law kept most of them from falling apart, even at the expense of the couple's unhappiness.

But people today don't stay together through whatever comes. If they marry without getting to know each other first, the only thing that would happen would be a surge in divorce.

• Agree %100

• If you both love each other then why wait

0|0
    0|0
    • But love is not the only factor for if a relationship will work

• Show All
    • Wanting to make it work is not making it work lol some people are simply put not compatible when it comes to certain things

• @Mosadi I agree a little but I do feel it depends on the person you are with.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd definitely date someone before marring them. And I would not live with them before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, unless you are in India.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes to both of them

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think?

• Because dating is a getting process to see if you truly like said person and are compatible and living togther is the final stage of that before marriage that is meant forever

Recommended myTakes