How do you know the difference between a guy who is just a bad texter and one who isn't interested in you?

How do you know the difference between a guy who is just a shitty texter and one who isn't interested in you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Put the phone down and talk to him face to face. I hate phones. Everyone thinks they connect us, but they filter our eye contact with shitty pictures, and hide our body language. If he seems aloof and bad at communicating in person, then it's not his texts. Otherwise, he could be a more "in-person" kind of guy. I speak from experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • he doesn't know how to keep a conversation basically
    there are so many tops i could talk about with a new girl im interrested in that i met not long time ago
    they do not engage in conversation=they cannot ask you another question from your previous answear
    secondly they forget everything u both talk about = lets say u told him u going to the dentist at 4 pm , if he doesn't remember that he basically did not listen to you at all / he doesn't ask you about the dentist or he asks what uve been doing at 4 pm?
    that basically says he doesn't give a F about u probably
    and probably last thing he doesn't know many conversation starters that can lead to a conversation for 3,4 hours
    he is not interrested in your personal information / ask personal questions , thats the next one
    i can go on and on but u get my point :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly. I think I'm talking to a guy like you described right now. I feel like he's playing mind games. I always get burned for being too nice and kind 😕 oh well, live and learn. I especially know if the guy is not worth my time if I ask him how he is and he answers and never asks me back. I just feel like that's common courtesy and if he can't even ask me how I am doing back then what else will he lack at? Like directing questions back is the easiest thing possible. Especially if they only talk about themselves 😞 you don't realize it until you talk for a while and finally realize you wasted your time. Like bragging, I like being humble and if the dude brags hoping to make himself seem cool I see him as being rude lol at least that's how I was raised. Have you encountered a lot of women like this?

• Show All
    • Do you cuss out the women who wasted your time?

• @Blunique no i dont do that
      i just stop replaying to their texts or i keep it as short as i can if i decide to reply
      i know within like an hour or two of conversation if the girl is worth to talk to or not

Most Helpful Girls

• If he only responds to what you've said, or just responds with one or two words, that's a sign of disinterest , not a bad texter.

Most people who dislike texting, are usually upfront about it. No matter how much a person dislikes texting , you'll know how interested they are by the effort they make when they message you

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually by knowing their personality. Some people just dont like texting or perhaps they are just a quiet person in general. Basically you just gotta know the person you are talking to and sometimes it may actually be disinterest even in a relationship cause they are tired or something 🤷‍♀️

My boyfriend doesn't text often, I usually text first and the conversation usually goes from "wyd" to "night, I love you" in little time. I more consider it an honor when he text me cause he doesn't text people often (have had multiple people inform me of this).

I've learned it's the real conversations that you have in person that actually matter

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• A relationship or how much you like someone shouldn't be based upon how frequently or how well they text you. I believe that social media breeds insecurities, jealousy and trust issues. Boys will sit on their phone and be up your ass 24/7. A man will have a job and responsibilities that make texting and attention 24/7 impossible and or impractical.

2|3
    0|0
  • I don't know.. i would say meet him find out how he is in person. Im bad at texting and i hate social media but use it. I try messaging woman all the time but I'm a lame texter. so i never seem to get anywhere before woman decide to find someone that is more flirtatious and interesting to talk to online. Its frustrating sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was disinterested I'd say so explicitly. If you have doubts then be direct. Guys don't like round about guessing games. The shortest distance is a straight line after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol as a bad texter I can assure you they are interested if they show the signs on a face to face interaction

0|0
    0|0
  • He will tell you at the beginning when you ask him if he is a shitty texter and if you ask him if he is interested goes the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cal the guy up if he talks to you for n hr he's someone who's interested

0|0
    0|0
  • Disinterest is not related to shitty texting. One does not indicate the other

0|1
    0|0
  • Stop texting and meet them in person. That is only way you can truly know for sure.

0|0
    0|0
    • 100%agree. I find most guys are bad at texting so I'd just assume they are bad at it.

• Show All
    • Guys will do things they don't like for girls they like, but once they have you they may not do those things, because there is no need to suffer (for lack of a better word) when you don't need to. Call him instead of texting or talk to him about not responding the way you like. The other option is just to except who he is and let it be.

• @nathanp97 I dont need to worry then? thanks for your help :)

• When they can't look u in the eyes and tell u (opps got a message gotta jet) not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • ask him some more intimate questions. . . if she wants to answer them then he just shits

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it hard to tell personally. Maybe suggest a meet up to see if they're interested?

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked to meet. up and he said "welcome back! ill be back in a couple weeks to start moving :( ill let you know if I can sneak away from my new place ;)" does he want to? I can't tell

• Most guys are shitty texters

3|2
    0|0
  • You make that judgment after face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • By talking to him instead of texting? Duh...

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by shitty texter?

0|0
    0|0
  • You ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • a phone call, to his mom, do it right now..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I completely get this question and why you asked it. It’s not about texting talking or what not. But is he just a prick and not into me and should I give up before I waste more time!!

Guys are pretty lazy or busy BUT I’ve heard it Friday m the horses mouth if someone is really that into you they find time, they make time, they don’t forget about you, and they won’t be shit at be it texting, calling or fuck making time to bloody see you!

Taking warning ⚠️

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its easy, when they act in person like through text, a bad texter who is interest will try to show you they are interested in person because they probably feel that they messed up through text, whilr someone who is not interested will probably ghost you or just be the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be in the content of the text message i think. A shitty texter would still try to make sense of his text, ask questions, keep the conversation flowing. Disinterest is like a one word answer. No follow ups..

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a bad texter. And even If my text are short I rather have a phone call or video mainly on whats app. If Im not interested at all , I answer the shortest words I know and dont try to make a conversation if you know what I mean.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no such thing as a bad texter he's just not that into you he can call send voice messages facetime there are so many ways to communicate no excuses

0|0
    0|1
    • Ya true but not everyone has those things ot there disposal. Me being one... i am not good at texting I'm not flirtatious and don't try to be. I do text tho even tho I'm not that great with words. Im more of an action type till i actually feel them words you woman want us men to be saying

• A bad texter will keep texting. A guy who isn't interested will disappear.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pay attention to how he responds to things & if he ever initiates conversation first.

0|0
    0|0
  • honey there is no a bad texter if he is interseted in u u will see that ,

0|1
    0|1
  • I think you’ll get the hint.. like if he doesn’t at least wanna talk to u then that’s ur answer

0|0
    0|0
  • The world may never know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes