Guys, what makes a girl look intimidating to approach?

Whenever guys try to approach me they always seem like they're nervous, mumbling over words or nervously playing with something in their hand, like a water bottle or something. I have had a few people tell me I have a very confident aura about me and that makes people think I'm a bit standoffish. What makes a girl less approachable in terms of looks?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sounds like they are nervous because they are really interested and are afraid to mess up.
    Appearing happy and friendly, especially smiling, makes a Woman look approachable. There is a really attractive Woman who rides the Train I take in the morning and she Always Looks really unhappy, which sticks out like a sore thumb. A confident Woman is actually more approachable than one who doesn't look confident because she can be assumed to be able to carry on the banter of conversation in many different Scenarios. I've seen some confident Women handle a convo with a clumsy guy so deftly that the guy left Feeling better About himself despite getting shot down.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• i’m sure you don’t seem intimidating.

i like someone, and it’s so hard to approach her and try to strike up a conversation. i get very nervous and flushed. >_> and it seems like i don’t exactly enjoy her presence.

but maybe not smiling in terms of looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right off the top it can not be looks. If ur with some friends in ur little pack it can be crazy intimidating. After that I would say dont over do ur hair or nails sort of thing. If you seem high maintenance it can have it's own pull on a guys mental game.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are intimidated by confidence. The less the girl has confidence the more confidence the guys have. They think a girl that looks confident cand have whoever they want, and thats why everytihing must go smooth in approaching you, this is stressing and guys start to overthink. Thats why they are sloppy ish.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's just the thought of being rejected or humiliated in public if the girl in question reacts differently to how we'd expect. I'd say if the girl has an angry/upset look or is in a group with her friends, it might make me hesitate on approaching.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coz when a girl looks stunning we think she's out of my league she would never go out with me... and then there's the first impression is last impression

0|0
    0|0
  • An angry look on her face, or if she is deeply wrapped up in the conversation that she is already having.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually only 1) resting bitch face or 2) being really hot/pretty. Sometimes it's something else but usually only one of these two.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. RBF is my #1 reason for not even attempting to approach a girl.

• Show All
    • Yeah, it isn't ALWAYS their fault, but I'll be honest, every girl I have approached who had RBF WAS a bitch.
      There are some people who can't do anything about it, but many times, girls just don't want to take the trouble of being decent human beings. I mean, I could walk around with a face like I finished at the dentist's, but I don't, because I look repulsive that way. I think in many cases, it comes down to effort.

• @Benedek38 That seems a bit harsh but I see your point.

• Tattoos, lots of piercings. Solidly built. Talks like a sailor (butch, swearing, doesn't smile much).

0|1
    0|1
  • Serious face and anger of being entered are two of the best option.
    When a boy enter yourself, how do you feel?

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys get rejected more often than not so nervousness mostly comes from anticipation of failure. Guys are also hardwired to take the role of "competent protector of wife and children" in a relationship, so if the woman is outwardly confident it could give the impression that he's not needed. If you didn't need protection you wouldn't be confident. Unless you don't come off as aggressive I don't think you have much to do with it personally, but keep in mind that guys tend to be terrified of rejection in general. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do but press forward or be alone forever, so the nervous guys you see are the ones who are bad at dealing with it. A lot of confident looking guys are just good at hiding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They problem seems to be the guys not you

0|0
    0|0
  • A unibrow and arm pit hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it's the eyes lol. I find girls with nice eyes and a nice face to be a little intimidating. This being said, they're really beautiful and as weird as it sounds it a bit intimidating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes