What lesson did you learn from being in a relationship?

I’m curious to see what most have learned!

1328

Most Helpful Guys

• My girlfriend and I have been together for just over a year and she's my first anything really (except kiss). She's even my first heavy petting too, all of it, I was essentially 14 when I started dating her.

I've learned how to fuck. You know, how to give oral, how to recieve oral, how to give an orgasm (no, she doesn't fake, I've learned how to tell), how to recieve an orgasm, etc. etc.
    I've learned what I like, what she likes. I've learned how fucking dark and dominant and forceful I really am underneath all of this "nice guy" persona. 'Cause that shit falls away once I'm in the bedroom. Just like my girl is a sweet, cute, innocent angel that you would assume is so pure and had never been with anyone... no, far from the case. So I learned not to judge a book by it's cover.
    I learned that being in a relationship? Yeah, it really is a lot of hard work, especially if you come from a family of divorce and your parents "gave up". I learned to compromise and concede like a motherfucker and find solutions that benefit both parties involved in the conflict. I learned how to trust someone. I learned how to trust myself. How to love myself and think of myself as an attractive guy (still working on that one) and actually have confidence in myself (again, stll wip). I learned not to be clingy, to give space. I learned how not to be alone after being alone for so long. How not to be rigid and live only by my rules and my desires and wants. I learned how to care for someone else, how to put their wants and desires above my own and put them and their well being first, like a man. I learned how to prepare to make my future children and start preparing to raise Luke and Leia. I learned to be a boyfriend. To be a listener and... hopefully soon... to be a fiance and husband.
    I learned how to love.
    And anyone can do it.

• And everyone should.

• ... now? Jesus, there is definitely a demonic side in me.
      Just like she's far from the sweet, cute, caring extroverted and jumpy little thing she normally is everywhere else in life.

• You sound like you make an excellent and trustworthy leader! I truly wonder why you don't have more confidence in yourself. You truly do sound like you know what you are doing and like you are doing the best of your ability. You sound confident to me!

• Learn to love yourself first, only then can you truly love your partner and have a stable relationship.

• Definitely! If we don't know how to love ourselves, what makes us think we can truly be happy and experience the best love when in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girls

• Compassion, lots of compassion is needed.
    Boundaries, you need to keep your boundaries and stand up for yourself, you deserve respect and good treatment.

• Amazing, i'm so glad you posted this! Boundaries definitely make it clear on how he is to respect you. I also found that compassion helps a lot to keep a relationship going long-term. It's always worth it when you learn these type of lessons. Thanks for posting!

• Yea lol. We deserve good relationships now.

• Heck ya! you can say that again! lol

• In high school in year 11, I was in a relationship with an overweight guy that only wanted sex and I dumped him and move on. my 3 guys that I did have a relationship two them cheated on me. My 2 guy did accuse me of cheating on him with an ex. I dumped him to . my last guys was the worst one of his girl as friend gain my trust just to ruin my trust just because she liked my ex-bf that I have a relationship. he ends up cheating and I caught him and dumped. Went on facebook met guy that I liked thanks to one of my friends help me.

• So maybe a relationship isn't something you desire anymore?

• That why I only hang out with guys. Most of girl are jealous of me. Guys are more easy to get along with then girls. My current boyfriend knew that I have trust issues with some girls.

• I guess it must be different for everyone and we all hold our own preferences. take care!