What do you think about someone you met online wanting to meet you right away?

This guy I've only been talking to not even a day says he wants to meet right away. I told him i was a bit worried about that. He said the reason he wants to meet right away is because he doesn't want a guy to swoop me.
The feeling is mutual, we both like each other. He has realized it is early with things he has been saying. he's been wanting to talk on the phone as well.
Update: he made a poem for me lol

2137

Most Helpful Guys

• When I am using an online dating site, I am NOT interested in making a new pen pal. I want to meet someone who is a good candidate for dating. The only way to know the answer to that question is to meet in person. Why wait?

• Response to update: A guy who writes a poem for you before he has met you for the first time is probably desperate, needy, and clingy. He is building an image of you in his fantasyland and falling in love with that image instead of waiting to meet you. Be VERY careful with this guy. This is the kind of guy who will start talking about marriage on the third date.

• by the way those are your expectations towards women and you’ve set boundaries but some guys don’t do shit

• @heyhey203 honestly I have been having a funny feeling about this. I like him but I don't know why I have a bad feeling. I've explained my worries to him and he said he isn't trying to be obsessive and he said he will stop the poems. he's now starting to talk about kissing on the first date. He said he will ask me and if I say yes he will if I say no he won't. He has been very accomdating. I mentioned that lets do coffee instead of dinner he was okay with it. He seems to be understanding. I mean he still has hope for us to meet sooner but still respects that we will meet on the weekend.

• I don't see why not 😊 have lunch somewhere public and see how it goes or if you're a fidget arse like I am then maybe see if he fancies doing something interactive like a friendly game of bowling or shoot some pool for eg.

The reason I think it's cool to meet up sooner is because if you've got a relationship purely based on type text you don't really get a feeling of how you guys really get on, maybe if you tread the waters for a longer time you may have more build up as to what it'll really be like? I dunno I just think things are more natural when you've both picked a place you're both environmentally comfy with and you can chill out and have a good time and get to know each other a little bit 😊 I hope that made sense! I've just had a lovely bottle of wine and I could perhaps have waffled on a bit 😂

I hope it all goes well whatever you decide to do!

Most Helpful Girls

• No I think he wants sex and doesn't want to wait too long to get it. A guy who wants a relationship and not sex will be willing to wait for as long as it takes for you to feel comfortable in the relationship. I would not date him or be friends with him.

• I don't play that shit. I don't online date, but any time I have considered it, I promised I wouldn't meet before at least a week had gone by.

• Were going to meet next weekend so at least its been a week. He has mentioned sooner but i think a week is best.

• I agree. Make sure someone knows where you will be and don't let him pick you up at your house. Meet him there.