If I'm very cute or handsome why do I have so much trouble finding someone?

I've been rated anywhere from a 6-8, called very cute and handsome and sexy but rarely, yet I've only had one serious relationship, the rest were very short, why is this?
As for personality everyone who gets to know me who I open up to tells me I have an awesome personality, I make friends very easily but never can build up a dating kind of relationship

812

Most Helpful Girl

• So, very boradly put, there are four categories that make someone attractive enough in a general sense for other people to consider them an actual partner:

- Physical looks. I think this is pretty straight forward and doesn'r require much explanation. Although maybe I should add that this also includes your overall style - clothes, haircut, how groomed you are, and so on.

- Personality. This includes things like being a genuinely good guy, having a sense of humor, being confident, caring, honest, and so on.

- General mindset and values. Some people care less about a partner's world views, some care more. But generally speaking, if certain of your world views are too different from each other, it just won't work, at least not in the long run. For instance, I know I could never date an overly religious or overly conservative person. We'd just be too different in our core values.

- And last but not least, the trickiest one - "chemistry". This is almost impossible to properly describe, it's just something you feel with each other or not. It also extends to sexual compatability. Whether you "click" or not, both romantically and sexually. One thing that usually ruins this, is being overly socially awkward.

Which one of these you're having troubles with, I don't know.

Most Helpful Guys

• I guess looks aren't everything. Most women value the innards more than anything. What makes you you, and what makes you more desirable compared to another man.

• But then why do some get with those who treat them badly, surely I'm better than that

• Every one is different. Some people like being treated poorly. Everyone is different (I know you've seen an heard that a lot too). We also don't know who is bad for us usually until we spend enough time with them. Its one of those things that come with time.

• Meeting women is easy enough but meeting one that you can actually build a realtionship with is very hard indeed. A lot of men will go through their entire life having only one to three relationships at best and often there is nothing wrong with these guys. Sometimes it is just circumstance and bad luck, not always but sometimes. You just have to keep on trying and in the meantime work on making yourself a better person. I am rejected constantly despite being told "I am a really nice guy" so I am in the same boat.