My ex is still physically attracted to me, how can I get him to be open to being emotionally attracted to me again?

We broke up two months ago and have both dated others since, we talk pretty regularly now and the conversations are good and we aren't afraid to bring up memories, and he's very flirtatious and admits he misses having sex with me. I feel as though the history and negative feelings get in the way for him, but there's no denying our chemistry is still there. I'm not entirely sure how to go about this I made a few mistakes with not having much experience in the dating game as he was my first real boyfriend, but I would like to see if we're actually toxic for each other or if it really was just a bad time and a few mistakes that we grew from with time apart and seeing other people. I know it wouldn't be easy, but I could try. What can I do to make it easier?

01