Does it sound as if I’m an unlikeable person?

I don’t have any friends. All the friends I had in high school ended up becoming distant because of life circumstances or I either just ended cutting them off because they were mean towards me. I’ve only been in one short term relationship. And that was in my twenties. I’m told I’m pretty and apparently guys “check me out” from what I’ve heard but I haven’t witnessed it myself. I don’t get approached and when I have been approached, it wasn’t my kind of guy. I tend to get most of my attention from online dating. But that hasn’t been the best experience. Am I unlucky? Ugly? Shitty personality? Why don’t I seem to be liked? From previous places of employment, I wasn’t promoted and the women were so rude to me/always heard gossip behind my back.
  • Yes
  • No

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want a sporty guy, go to a the park. If you want a nerdy guy, go to the arcade or library. If you want a gamer guy, online games are a hit. If you want a smooth talking player, go to a bar. If you want an introvert, good luck with that.

Effort is required by both people to have a relationship. Not many people will come up to you to start a relationship for the same reason you won't go up to strangers to start a relationship, fear of rejection. If you want a new friend, you gotta be assertive about it and just do it. Life will happen when you make it happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god I relate so much to this.
    I think maybe you care too much of being liked, seeking validation that it kind of backfires lol people like when others are themselves. It a confidence thing I think