Long distance relationship?

I’m in a long distance relationship, it’s been almost 6 months. He lives 2 hrs away and we have our set Wednesdays and weekends together. He’s not good at communicating and he decided to have a guys night out. Witch is cool but he didn’t even tell me until I asked his what was up for our weekend together the day I usually head out to see him. It’s happened 2 other times for different reasons. Should I be worried?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats not a long distance relationship for me. I can still go and see the one I love in two hours and return the same day if I have to.
    And yes you should be worried. It doesn't look like he is taking you seriously. However I could be wrong.

0|1
    0|0
    • My thoughts exactly. We talked for about a year and a few months and we decided to give it a shot in March. I’ve expressed my feelings repeatedly and he just doesn’t communicate. I just had surgery 2 weeks ago and I saw him 2 days before my surgery. I haven’t seen him since. He made a joke about us breaking up for a month since I can’t have sex for the next 4-6 weeks. I haven’t seen him since. I don't know what to think or do.

• Show All
    • I agree. It wasn’t funny. And he’s like “I’m just kidding. I’m saying what most guys would be thinking.” Not cool

• he sounds like a douche and a 17 yo too

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy's night out, huh? Seems to me if he wanted to really see you that you would come first. I'm thinking it was more of a guy/girl night out as he is probably shopping for someone closer. These long distance - though yours at 2 hours is not technically "long distance" - relationships have a dismal failure rate. They seem good at first but the time factor and the sometimes desire for a spontaneous get together usually kills it in the end. People just tend to like something that is easily at hand. By the way, do you take turns between who does the driving back and forth or is it always you?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah, that's tough. These LDRs take a lot of discpline and require great communication. I don't think you should be worried, but tell him About your concerns.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you two alternate who goes to see who? Or is it you doing all the traveling?

0|0
    0|0
    • He comes on Wednesdays and I go every other weekend.

• Show All
    • It’s not the first time he does this. It’s the 3 rd time. He took off to California and didn’t let me know Friday night. He was very short about it.

• Till Friday night*

• You dont need to be worried he needs time for himself as well the same as you do just go with the flow l understand everything you are saying my girl is 6 hours away so its not a problem for us

0|0
    0|0
    • I get that we both need time to ourselves but he doesn’t let me know. He just makes his plans and I find out the day if because I asked.

• Show All
    • And how often do you see her? That is like a 12 hour trip. I'm surprised it hasn't died already.

• @TrixiePooch l mean she is 6 hours away by train we will see each other very soon this year

• No if u are worried tell him u would like a heads up when he is booking s weekend

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you asked him what makes him uncomfortable about communicating?

0|0
    0|0
    • He says he dies communicating, I just get upset about how he does it.

• Show All
    • I agree. Thank you.

• You're welcome 👍

• sounds like a douche

1|0
    0|0
  • I'ma tell you right now. He's cheating. LDR'S DON'T WORK. I guarantee you, he's cheating

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• He just sounds selfish of anything, only thinking about himself

1|0
    0|0
  • Not worried. Just tell him to tell you beforehand so you can make your own plans as well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes