Long distance relationship?

I’m in a long distance relationship, it’s been almost 6 months. He lives 2 hrs away and we have our set Wednesdays and weekends together. He’s not good at communicating and he decided to have a guys night out. Witch is cool but he didn’t even tell me until I asked his what was up for our weekend together the day I usually head out to see him. It’s happened 2 other times for different reasons. Should I be worried?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats not a long distance relationship for me. I can still go and see the one I love in two hours and return the same day if I have to.
    And yes you should be worried. It doesn't look like he is taking you seriously. However I could be wrong.

• My thoughts exactly. We talked for about a year and a few months and we decided to give it a shot in March. I’ve expressed my feelings repeatedly and he just doesn’t communicate. I just had surgery 2 weeks ago and I saw him 2 days before my surgery. I haven’t seen him since. He made a joke about us breaking up for a month since I can’t have sex for the next 4-6 weeks. I haven’t seen him since. I don't know what to think or do.

• I agree. It wasn’t funny. And he’s like “I’m just kidding. I’m saying what most guys would be thinking.” Not cool

• he sounds like a douche and a 17 yo too

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy's night out, huh? Seems to me if he wanted to really see you that you would come first. I'm thinking it was more of a guy/girl night out as he is probably shopping for someone closer. These long distance - though yours at 2 hours is not technically "long distance" - relationships have a dismal failure rate. They seem good at first but the time factor and the sometimes desire for a spontaneous get together usually kills it in the end. People just tend to like something that is easily at hand. By the way, do you take turns between who does the driving back and forth or is it always you?