Will I Get A Boyfriend?

Hi everyone,

I'm nearly 22 and I've never had a boyfriend, but really want one.

Although, I'm worried no boy would want to date me for these reasons:
1.) I live at home with my Dad. I recently left university in a lot of debt and had to move in with him until I save up a bit of money in order to move out again.
He said he doesn't mind me having boys round, but I'm embarrassed because I have a tiny, single bed which I've grown out of for the past 10 years... There's barely enough room for me and no guy is going to want to sleep with me on that.
2.) I can't drive, I have been learning on and off for the past two years. But I'm rubbish at it and never been able to pass the tests.

However, I have been told I'm attractive (although I don't think I am) and I do have a fairly decent job in Marketing so at least I have that going for me? Also, I like to thinkI have a nice personality and that I'm not mean or unapproachable in any way?

So to all guys on this page would you date a girl if she was living at home and couldn't drive?
Girls, would it bother you if a guy was in my position?
Really want to know if these things may stop me from getting a partner or not.
Thanks. x

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing as many people are in a similar situation I'd say it isn't a big deal. Although how are you so bad at driving😂.
    And I'm in a nearly identical situation as you, except I can actually drive (but I don't have my own car😢).

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You will be fine! The hard bit is recognising a good guy, so you can grab him before some other girl does. Do not be insecure about ANY of this. It does not alter you or your personality. A guy that is bothered about these minor details is not worth your time or effort.

Take what other people say as true. We all think we are not as attractive as we want to be, but I bet they are right!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Honestly that wouldn't be a problem to me. You are doing your best and I'd be proud. But regarding bed thing, a guy can just take you to his bed instead?
    I hope u pass driving tests soon tho that wouldn't be problem either.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it won't. And no guy will know all this unless you tell him. And if you tell him no worries because its very understandable

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem with dating a girl in your postion but just watch out for those guys that just want to be with you because you have a good job

1|0
    0|0
  • The right things will happen for you at the right times. No sooner, no later

1|0
    0|0
  • American guys at your age would not mind. However, you are far away.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is your insecurities that keep you single. Nice job.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your comment.

I should have mentioned this in my post, but the reason I'm a bit insecure about these things is because a guy didn't like the fact that I did not have a lot of money and acted like I was beneath him. Hence why I've been a bit insecure about these things ever since.

• You're not the only to deal with rejection. It happens. To all of us. It is much worse for guys.

• you'll be fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Be glad that as a girl you don't have to initiate

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Girl what? You're 22, went back home, you aren't good at driving and these are reasons to think you won't get a boyfriend?

So you do know how many people are still at home right? You do know people don't care if you know how to drive right?

Keep practicing & you WILL get your license. Who cares if you went back home.

If your bed is a problem, save up & get another one. These insecurities won't stop you from getting a man. You're fine

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes