So a 17 yr old guy has made it clear he likes me... But I'm 25?

Ok I've always liked guys older than me, never dated someone my age or younger. INFACT I've always found the thought repulsive. Older means wiser, and more mature, right? Well so I thought..

I met a guy at work, he's charming, goofy, but also a hard worker, runs a small business even. He is the most straightforward, non confusing guy I've ever met. He has many great qualities, and always makes me smile when I see him.

I knew he was younger, but when I found out he was 17 I felt sick to my stomache. We haven't had any dates or hook ups, but the fact that I have thought about it has made me feel disgusting and sad. Cause now I know I have feelings for a minor 😱 now I feel like a pedo.

My question is, am I a disgusting monster now?
  • Yes... Sicko
    Vote A
  • No, it happens
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• would it be any different if he were 18 and you were 26? i get where you are coming from in that he is 17 but clearly he is more mature than most 17 year old's.

0|1
    0|0
    • He's more mature than most 27 yr olds lol. But legally it is, there's a reason for the age of consent... Would you consider it if you were in a similar position?

• Show All
    • I will do that then, Thank you for the non judgy advice, it was helpful :)

• No problem. Hope it works out in the end for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t worry too much, you’re absolutely not a pedo!
    If you really like him wait until he turns 18, than he can decide what to do.
    You have a quite big age difference, but you know... if you really love someone age doesn’t matter

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Just keep it professional iuntil he turns 18. If you two like each other, you can wait until then.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it’s fine if you developed feelings for a guy that’s younger as long as you don’t act upon it as of right now.

if you want to develop a relationship with him, i suggest you wait until he’s older

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly that age difference isn't uncommon when you're older. Wait a year before doing anything sexual as to not have any legal trouble but after that if you like the kid go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not a monster/pedo, look up what a pedo is, or whats the age of consent where you live.
    A reversed situation could easily happen and noone would bat an eye.

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 year difference is ok. Me and my girl have 7 year difference and all is more than fine. Go for it. Nothing to lose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait until he's 18, dont be like that one chick that Weinstein molested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lucky you, date for a year and then hit it off big time. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha... you just go too emotional... so what there is a young and successful boy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Happens all the time. Had teachers in highschool after my jockstrap

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol creepy gym teacher?

• Show All
    • 😥 even though you didn't mind it, what she did was terrible. I hope I'm not anywhere near that level.

• Lol yeah. But like I said I’m not complaining.

• No, it happens

0|0
    0|0
  • lol he is kid..
    u are an adult, u need me:))

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol 😂

• Show All
    • 😜😍😍 haha probably better off with you anon than with a 17 yr old

• ssth :*
      if i go visible, can u message me baby?:)

• Would it be different if he was 18?
    Seven years is nothing

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like the older you get the less difference it makes typically. And legally yes it makes a difference 😕 I don't know. I've also bashed people for dating under agers so, me even thinking it is very hypocritical.

• I agree that 17 isn’t a good age for you, but at 18i don’t see any problem

• It was definitely not my intention! Just want to make that clear. I do not find high school boys attractive, on purpose 😕

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes