So a 17 yr old guy has made it clear he likes me... But I'm 25?

Ok I've always liked guys older than me, never dated someone my age or younger. INFACT I've always found the thought repulsive. Older means wiser, and more mature, right? Well so I thought..

I met a guy at work, he's charming, goofy, but also a hard worker, runs a small business even. He is the most straightforward, non confusing guy I've ever met. He has many great qualities, and always makes me smile when I see him.

I knew he was younger, but when I found out he was 17 I felt sick to my stomache. We haven't had any dates or hook ups, but the fact that I have thought about it has made me feel disgusting and sad. Cause now I know I have feelings for a minor 😱 now I feel like a pedo.

My question is, am I a disgusting monster now?
  • Yes... Sicko
  • No, it happens

113

Most Helpful Guy

• would it be any different if he were 18 and you were 26? i get where you are coming from in that he is 17 but clearly he is more mature than most 17 year old's.

• He's more mature than most 27 yr olds lol. But legally it is, there's a reason for the age of consent... Would you consider it if you were in a similar position?

• I will do that then, Thank you for the non judgy advice, it was helpful :)

• No problem. Hope it works out in the end for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t worry too much, you’re absolutely not a pedo!
    If you really like him wait until he turns 18, than he can decide what to do.
    You have a quite big age difference, but you know... if you really love someone age doesn’t matter