Why do guys on tinder get angry and upset when I refuse to give them my phone number?

Isn't that what the messaging feature is for? I don't get why guys take it so personally that I don't want to take things to the next level so quickly.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds a lot like the guys who'd get mad at girls for the same thing at a bar. It's because of a lot of things:
    1. You're the 100th girl they've been rejected by in less than 48 hours
    2. They really really want you to like them
    3. You don't, because of any number of valid reasons
    4. They're immature

Stare really hard at #4

• Don't they ever stop to think that girls can't give out their number to everybody who asks?

• Of we do. I can't speak for all guys, obviously, but I was always after a relationship... except a few times, when I was in the Corps :p My point was that my intentions were really pretty pure - it kind of stings when a gal won't even trust you enough not to give you her number. Rewind: This was pre-internet - it's not like I could find her with just that #

It made me realize that to a woman ANY guy could be the guy that stalks or rapes or kills her. I was offended at first, but it made sense to me and so I stopped getting angry and gave my number instead. I made a habit of putting my favorite cafe on the paper... And then I would tell them to meet me for a meal in a brightly lit, public space XD

It worked. It got laughs and gratitude and I got a ton of repeat business that way... ah, the good old days :)