Do you enjoy being single?

So far it's been fine , and the more I focus on myself the more I realise I dont really need to be in a relationship. Not anytime soon.
Do you enjoy being single?

4089

Most Helpful Guys

• I was with one woman for nearly 18 years and after getting a divorce being single was very difficult. When you're in a relationship your partner helps and you get used to the help after a while. You learn to rely on another person.

After 18 years and then being single I did not enjoy the single life at all. The noise from the other person isn't there and your weekends and evenings suddenly become empty. You learn to fill the time back up with friends, family, and activities but this takes time.

I've dated since the divorce and the dating scene changed dramatically as well. I am nearly 4 years single now and having gone through some bizarre situations with girls I've dated I can honestly say, yes I enjoy being single again.

What I'm saying is I believe you go through a cycle after being in a relationship where you aren't happy and then you become happy. People need others, and it is not possible or healthy to be a solitary human being, but there's two things to remember 1) you have to be happy on your own to be happy with someone else and 2) no relationship is better than a bad one. Don't rush out of neediness and a desire for connection with another to be with someone because it won't end well. The energy you emit will be what you receive.

• I'm 28 and never kissed or dated. I got mixed feelings about being single. I enjoy being in control of my decisions and being stress-free in many ways. But every once in a while that urge to cuddle and talk close with a girlfriend hits me. I end up doing research on my situation online and eventually the urge goes away. For many personal reasons I plan on remaining single forever.

Most Helpful Girls

• Being single is the best thing you can do when you haven't figured yourself out yet. People rush into relationships before they are emotionally ready for one. Grow alone and then find a healthy relationship and grow together. You have to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else

• I agree. But sometimes people use it as an excuse to not enter relationships, because they are afraid

• My boyfriend left to go to the hospital 3 weeks ago and didn't tell me about it so I might be single right now. I love my life cause I have God in it.

• yo @jennifer since you have the "influencer" thing would you mind looking at my post if you have time? that would be appreciated very much as i'd like some women's opinions since well as the title suggests i'm doubting my judgements, thanks!
      (i can't post the link because of my xper thingy please just go to my profile page and navigate to it that way its in my questions page and its the only one there and you're doing me a big favour thanks!)