Do you enjoy being single?

So far it's been fine , and the more I focus on myself the more I realise I dont really need to be in a relationship. Not anytime soon.
Do you enjoy being single?

0|5

Most Helpful Guys

• I was with one woman for nearly 18 years and after getting a divorce being single was very difficult. When you're in a relationship your partner helps and you get used to the help after a while. You learn to rely on another person.

After 18 years and then being single I did not enjoy the single life at all. The noise from the other person isn't there and your weekends and evenings suddenly become empty. You learn to fill the time back up with friends, family, and activities but this takes time.

I've dated since the divorce and the dating scene changed dramatically as well. I am nearly 4 years single now and having gone through some bizarre situations with girls I've dated I can honestly say, yes I enjoy being single again.

What I'm saying is I believe you go through a cycle after being in a relationship where you aren't happy and then you become happy. People need others, and it is not possible or healthy to be a solitary human being, but there's two things to remember 1) you have to be happy on your own to be happy with someone else and 2) no relationship is better than a bad one. Don't rush out of neediness and a desire for connection with another to be with someone because it won't end well. The energy you emit will be what you receive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 28 and never kissed or dated. I got mixed feelings about being single. I enjoy being in control of my decisions and being stress-free in many ways. But every once in a while that urge to cuddle and talk close with a girlfriend hits me. I end up doing research on my situation online and eventually the urge goes away. For many personal reasons I plan on remaining single forever.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Being single is the best thing you can do when you haven't figured yourself out yet. People rush into relationships before they are emotionally ready for one. Grow alone and then find a healthy relationship and grow together. You have to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else

2|2
    0|0
    • I agree. But sometimes people use it as an excuse to not enter relationships, because they are afraid

• My boyfriend left to go to the hospital 3 weeks ago and didn't tell me about it so I might be single right now. I love my life cause I have God in it.

3|1
    2|1
    • yo @jennifer since you have the "influencer" thing would you mind looking at my post if you have time? that would be appreciated very much as i'd like some women's opinions since well as the title suggests i'm doubting my judgements, thanks!
      (i can't post the link because of my xper thingy please just go to my profile page and navigate to it that way its in my questions page and its the only one there and you're doing me a big favour thanks!)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 87

• I didn't like being single, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Might as well since it's the same with life, knowing it won't last and I can't rewind and go back in time to prevent my entire existence, therefore I might as well enjoy being single in the same way as enjoy life while it lasts and for as long as it lasts, because I can never be absolutely certain when my time in this world will be up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate being single and miss being in a relationship very much.
    But that doesn't mean I'll go out with anyone for the sake of being in a relationship; believe it or not I have already turned down people I don't like after my last, and only, relationship.
    I just miss being in love and spending time with that special someone.

1|0
    0|0
    • i know that feeling...
      i just placed a post recently and since i have my own lack of experience i'm betting on my judgement and all the anon girls on here...
      it's also awkward as hell enjoyable if you love other people's awkwardness.
      and yeah i'm going to tell you beforehand (if you decide to read my post) yeah i am interested

• Absolutely! For now at least. Already busy with college and I'm not very socially active anyway so I enjoy all the time I get for myself and realize I wouldn't have these times if I wasn't single. Maybe someday when I find someone who needs me in her life as much as I need her, I'll start dating. 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • There are benifts to both. Being single you are free to do whatever and go wherever you want, You get to take care of yourself, make your own decisions. Being single grants you a lot of freedom and helps you get yourself together and find out what you want. I know who I am and what I want right now. I agree with what @DeVille_ said about at times it can be lonely but being single and finding yourself means that once you start a relationship you will be ready.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I enjoy being single, but it's time to get another girlfriend. I haven't had a long term girlfriend in a few years. It is a bit harder at this age.

1|0
    0|0
  • hell yeah... I worry about my ass only... hahhaa... I do see myself in the future getting married all the fun staff... for now i'm just looking for that right person for me...

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. After being with someone for 17 years, its hard to adjust to being alone.

I wonder if I will ever find someone to connect with like I had before.

That being said, I like being able to do what I want, when I want.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't enjoy being single but I have been for quite some time. I've come to grips with it and have come to the realization that when it's time for me to no longer be single, I will embrace it with open arms. Opportunity just hasn't presented itself yet. And I'm okay with that right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that's a tricky question
    For me being single means freedom I do what ever I want when I want how I want no commitment no investigation where am I going or with who.
    But with all of that I'm a lonely child And I live alone and the feeling of it is not pleasant. I want to build a family and have a good family eco system.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's maybe okay before being single, but sometimes, exceeding the line of being single and being with someone else gives a pleasure that can't be achieved through the way of being single.

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy it, but sometimes I get lonely. I know relationships at my age are just going to be incredibly immature though so I'm waiting and cherishing my freedom while I have it :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I love it. I bust my ass during the day and get to enjoy the fruits of my labor in the evenings. If I was with someone I'd be required to ask permission to do anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Heck yes! Couldn't wait to get married, I'd be getting it all the time. Fast forward a few years and couldn't wait to get a divorce, so I could get it all the time! Lol
    Relationships are highly overrated. Freedom to be yourself is awesome.

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm getting tired of it, i want to know what not being single is like

2|0
    0|0
  • Who wouldn't? You can indulge in yourself love yourself do what you want when you want and actually have a career and travel where you want when you want

1|0
    0|0
  • If I was good with women I probably would, but since i'm not it sucks.

It's just lonely, boring & depressing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but maybe because I've never been in a relationship yet

1|0
    0|0
  • At this point, I've stopped caring.
    I kind of don't want a girlfriend anyways until I get my life in order

1|0
    0|0
  • no. i think its worsening my already broken mind. on the other hand, i can't bring myself to ask some1 out, out of fear that my loyalty will be abused again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nòt at all. I wòuld much rather have a girl friend to share life with

1|0
    0|0
  • I have though it's becoming a bit old now. I'm not at the point where I'm desperate for a relationship but single life is getting a bit boring now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Currently no, I want a girl that genuinely wants to know me and is loyal.

2|0
    0|0
  • You'll never be happy in a relationship if you can't enjoy being single

2|0
    0|0
  • I used to, but I’ve been single for two years, and I do miss it quite frequently lately.

1|1
    0|0
  • not really , i have been single for more than 5 years , i think it would be nice if i can have a girlfriend , this year..

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometime I enjoy but sometimes I feel so alone and I cry inside. I guess that's common for a human being

1|0
    0|0
  • I like being single I feel that I have to get my life together before committing myself in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend with benefits so... I dont need to spend money for a girl and still have sex. What else do i need

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually would enjoy it more if I had more alone time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 38

• No, but i prefer it to being in a unhappy relationship.

2|3
    0|0
  • Not really, it feels rather lonely and kind of empty. It's not like I can really do the sleeping around thing since nobody near me who I like really likes me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was comfortable being single for such a long time but I got bored of it and I'm thinking more about setting up home for good (considering I'm not destined to be the crazy cat lay I always joke about being, I'm already half way there) it does have it's perks though its just the not having someone to talk about my day with or go on spontaneous adventures with that's the main down side.

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely love being single. I'm extremely independent, and I have never relied on a man for anything. You can do whatever you want when you are single and independent. However,, now that I'm a little older I've realized that we do need an S. O. so we can take care of each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am and the more tragedies I see happen as a result of bad relationships the less interested I am in finding someone.

2|1
    0|0
  • Actually yeah I do and I plan to stay single for a couple years and be a self built up woman who doesn’t rely on any guy instead it’ll be the other way he’ll rely on me. Although I want a man to be at least half of what I am but the problem is I don’t know who I am I’ve got to learn how to boost up my self esteem and be more confident as well as knowing what I want in a future relationship for my well being.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I truly enjoy being single. I always feel tied down in a relationship. Been single for 2 years and I can't remember the last time I felt this free

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy being single, because I don't think a woman needs a partner to settle who she is as a woman. But I also miss dating someone at times, like when my friends constantly ask me when I'm going to start dating again, or if my friends ask me out on double dates.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish I could. I want to be ok with myself without seeking validation from my loved ones. But I can’t help the fact that I’m a hopeless romantic, and I REALLY want a relationship!

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it.. I don’t have any friends so I’m constantly alone. I’m looking to pick up some extra hours at work, or go back to college again just to fill the deafening silence

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it but every once in awhile my mind drifts and I wonder what it'd be like to have someone to kiss and be all cutesy and romantic with #hopelessromanticaf

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel single although I do have someoone vibe been seeing for about 5 years. I've spent a. Majority of the time all alone waiting for him in some way way or another. guess I'm just a bit too needy to be single

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been single for almost 22 years, and yeah I’m content being single. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind having a boyfriend someday. But I’m not in a rush. And I’m happy where I’m at right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love being single and being able to jus fool around

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes bc I can give bjs everywhere and no guy can say I'm cheating anymore

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes. I have time to focus on myself without and have peace. Relationships bring too much trouble

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. Until I get horny. But I don't want to have sex with just anyone

1|0
    0|0
  • No lol

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah I do

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and that scares me