Is this a situationship and how do I prevent myself from being hurt ?

I have been dating a guy for 3 months , when we talk about our relationship status, we agreed to be exlusive and transparent, and also clarified that its possibly a short term ( he will not bring me to his parents ) because we are graduating soon and not sure if we can do long term.
However, we didn't talk about how long is this 'short term relationship' and didn't talk about the condition to terminate it ( which I assume it's when I graduate).
I want to know , if I keep my expectations low , will I be able to keep myself from being hurt? The only thing I worry is that we have to withdraw and rehab from each other later.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, I've seen this work if People Keep their expectations low enough and don't let the relationship rev up too hot.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thought it was the best for us. We do really like each other , but there are major imcompabilities. But I m really scared of getting hurt a lot later

• It is a completely legit worry. Maybe treat it more as casual Dating, if you can.

• Yeah I'm really jealous but I people like you should learn how to settle down after all do you want your own mother to be with you where ever you are?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If you keep your expectations realistic, you won't be hurt. Well, you will be but not that much.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes