How do you NOT get emotionally attached?

How do you avoid getting emotionally attached too soon to people you are romantically and/or sexually involved with? I always seem to catch feelings too soon and then get hurt when the person either doesn't return my feelings or cheats on me or both. Any advice?

528

Most Helpful Guys

• As sexually, I rarely had few hookups and mostly whenever I had sex with people I liked, I actually did it with love and pleasure. After a while, you start thinking about that person, starting to feel jeaalous even if there is someone different than you. This had happened me once to me for a girl and I didn't want her to flirt with anyone or sleep.

She did ignored me and slept with someone another and I didn't meet her again. I am a hatred person that if I am done with someone, I never have the same exciment and feelings anymore. My breakups are always more easier than my crush times. When there is hope, my life fully starts connecting to her and I behave more sensitive. In the end, like a month later she wanted to date with me and I had rejected on that time.

My suggestion would be, no matter how hard or accurate you pick, if people want to be selfish or use you, they will always do that. They will do that to me or to others either, we'll just continue living like what we believe is right. Isn't always the same, at the beginning, everything is great but then.. Things start turning to bad and they seem careless about us, but the thing is it is always us in all relationships who are ready to sacrifice.

Don't feel guilty or something is wrong at you, there is nothing wrong with you. There are many beauties with you, they just couldn't know your value and there is nothing we can do about that.

• I do feel guilty sometimes. Thanks :-).

• You just wanted to believe what you felt was right. It was their fault to disappoint you and for that, we have nothing to do. We sadly cannot control people, that is exactly why you shouldn't fee guilty. They should be the ones feeling guilty. They are the ones you laugh at their back, just don't feel so. You are more than that. You are worth to more. :-)

• OMG! Are you SERIOUS?
    Are you sure you're not some alternate female version of me?
    Because I'm exactly the same way. Jesus Christ!

You can't fight your feelings, but I have learned not to let them know to soon.
    At the same time, if they DO like you and you wait too long, you'll end up friendzoned. And people of give mixed signals.
    But from my experience, people don't usually start to have feelings for someone after a couple days. Unless you're me or that crazy chick.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had 2 black FWBs.

32 yo had a 46yo blonde plastic cougar so I was just a skinny butt distraction

55yo was divorced and for about 2 years, we were just friends with benefits. Nothing more.

Then he decided he wanted me to have his baby, actually a lot of babies, but only joked about it. He had some of his ex-wife's BC pills and gave me them when I ran out. ONLY they were sugar pills and I got prego within two months.

He convinced me to keep the baby but I miscarried at 4 mos.