What are the downsides to online dating?

What are the downsides to online dating?
Updates:
Was all goldcobra inspired. I'm just the face.
The one question without my face boobs only gets featured.
I'm the straw that stirs the drink

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• If you're on a relationship, you can't do anything physical. And I don't just mean sex, I mean you can't hug each other, go on proper dates, anything. It gets really frustrating when you want to just be able to hold them when their sad or even just give them a high five.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 84

• -Too many people are talking to too many people rather than focusing on one or two like they might IRL.
    -Communication is more difficult than IRL
    -Quality of people is lower than IRL
    -Harder to judge their sincerity and really get a feel for them without body language
    -Catfishing

0|1
    0|0
  • Online dating is sometimes good. People do get sometimes Thier love partners there but most of the time, it's just hell. To be very clear, online dating is just based on looks and money. Girls show Thier looks and guys shows Thier money. Not only that, it also reduces the confidence to go and find a real girl.

Online dating is solely based on looks. We try our hardest to look best in our profile and try to hide every single flaw we have. Well, when someone starts dating a girl, his prime expectations become what you have told him you are. So, you try to be fack and try to manage it but sooner or later it comes out and both the individual so Thier true self and relationship ends.

You don't believe me? Try making your two accounts, one with highly edited stuff and one with who you truly are. You will get the answers.

I hope you got it. You can also search it on Google, there are millions who have terrible online dating experience.

I have written a blog on this so check it out here: expeknow.wordpress.com/.../

Or by visiting expeknow. wordpress. com if link isn't showing.

Reply if you have any doubts. This is Expeknow

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll tell you an upside... your odds to meet someone who syncs with you are higher not only because your menu of choices broads, but also because online chats lead you behave more authentic after a bit... In any case, the most important thing is whether you sync or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no upside. Online dating is for people that cannot connect with others and form meaningful relationships with the people they come into contact with in their daily life.
    The vast majority of women are there for validation and attention - they even say in their profile 'don't waste my time'. There is no intention of ever actually dating or meeting up with anyone.
    And the vast majority of guys are looking for a hookup. It's a great combination.

0|1
    1|0
  • Downsides? I'd say that online dating IS a downside. We, as people, can't even talk to each other anymore. We want to date, ok, there are opertunities all around us everyday, but we don't take action? We blindly resort to social media and online dating. See that attractive person at the supermarket? Pass! See that attractive person online? "Hey, what's up?". Online dating might help you find someone you might have never met otherwise, but maybe it's part of the reason we "swipe left" in real life. It's scary in real life, there is a sense of security or false confidence online.

4|1
    0|0
  • People lie about who and what they are. Fake pics, heavily edited pics, fake lifestyles, etc. It's far easier to create a fake persona online than it is face to face.

1|0
    0|0
  • Standards are much too high.
    You don't truly know the person until you've met in person.
    The reality may not live up to the expectation.
    People can more easily lie about who they are.
    If precautions aren't taken, meeting up can be dangerous.

0|1
    0|0
  • catfishing, people lie about themself, meeting mostly sucks because its awkward, distance etc.

Lots of downsides, would be easier to list the positive things about it 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Deceptive pictures by women-years-and pounds-out of date. Getting noticed- women get a lot more attempts at communication and it’s easy to get lost in the crowd

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. i think people will lie about there physical attributes to attract.

2. Dating apps are probably not as popular in small populated areas.

3. No first impression.

4. Comments are probably moderated. I honestly dont know...

5. It is expensive to comment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chemistry and lack of facial expressions.
    Presenting yourself on a photo, easy manipulated, compared to real life. Superficial preferences (must have specific eye color, that height, weigh this much). That would most likely matter less with good charisma and soul.

It's possible. Has been for me on several occasions, but you have to be realistic and don't expect too much until you've met.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not knowing if the person is real. Every gorgeppus girl turns out to be some sweaty guy sitting in front of his computer in his underwear eating nachos.

0|0
    0|0
  • People tends to loose their social skills and a lot of other skills when online, a lot of people tends to become the worst version of themselves. some justifies it, other get blind and doesn't see how they behaves.

To many have severe psychological problems mixed with attitude problems looking for some kind of quick fix.

To many fake it to they reach the goal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy shallow hypercritical women. You can deny it all you want. All women want is a "night in shining armor" and judge you simply on a profile picture and how your looks will impact their existing social status. Im currently dating a woman I met online but that took me, no joke 10 years of rejected messages. Yet when a woman is drunk in a club she will take any dumb bloke to bed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, don't know why I have issues. Women find me repulsive for some reason or another. I do everything in moderation not come off too strong on either end of the spectrum but I never can figure out that one, end up getting blocked and ghosted. I actually feel im one of the 'more tame' kind of guys on here. Believe me I've seen far worse and the women just flock to those posters. Makes no sense. Must be bots. I've never came close to hundreds of comments on something like some I've seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well girls are much more picky, and tbh it's really bad for your self confidence, when it doesn't work for you.
    I had to close my tinder account because it didn't work at all, and after a year of getting no match at all, it started to feel like a burden.

0|1
    1|0
    • My say is that it was the way your "profile" was percieved and had nothing to do with you whatsoever. Example: Unoriginal Bio or Bad picture angles/backgrounds. It's really about how it's marketed. They are swiping right to a package deal, an interesting feeling. All the while, you could have a cheeto shoved up your nose. Get opinions on your pictures! It's not how you think you look, it's how you look to others or are percieved that matters. I mean, you should still look your best in your opinion though. I in between on dating online but give it another try and see what happens, 6 months.

• Online dating is risky, at least 75% of the time no one is who they say they are and are 95% different from the photo and persona they posted. Oh and lots of people lie online.

0|2
    0|0
    • Like that one time I went out with a girl that was a lot fatter than the photo.

• Noone looks like their pictures especially chicks. Socially speaking people who talk behind keyboards are socially awkward and lack confidence. Hence why relationships and social intractions were better prior to social media

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in an online relationship for a year and a half. If one starts to lose trust in the other, the relationship is pretty much completely over due to anxieties and paranoia that can never truly be debunked or proven.

1|0
    0|0
  • Standards are too high for male and female, girls can be too fussy, most guys are just dicks 😂 girls assume all guys are the same usually, and some guys assume girls are easy targets. Its a hard life but sometimes online dating works but takes a lot of effort and probably tears!

0|0
    0|0
  • I myself recently started and it's often times pretty hard to start a conversation or to keep continuing after a day. The other thing is most people have to high standards which makes it way harder for most people.
    But I still think that it is doable and reasonable, I myself just recently got to know someone and I think we are a pretty good match. Hopefully it will go down the right way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad - Pictures don’t depict the person accurately. The responses do not show the good and bad in ge personality.
    Good - You met people whom you would have never met IRL.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) People think that going to meet the most handsome man or gorgeous woman and they set this standard, so if they see someone that doesn't fulfill that standard they might be rude with others and hurts some person feelings

2) Some people lies about their body, age, etc.

3) you never know who are u talking, you might think that is a good person but instead will be a veeery bad person

0|0
    0|0
  • Meeting someone and finding out they are way fatter irl.

Talking to people who have no intention of dating you but are just using you for your personality to chat with when they are bored.

Getting unmatched instantly is super rude.

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion is she for real or is she a catfish. Well, going on Skype solves things with that one. But even on Skype she could dress a certain way
    to change the way she looks.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everybody has ridiculous standards with online dating, and usually people are incredibly rude... You will get randomly blocked for seemingly no reason at all. Online dating is more brutal than real world dating, but that might just be my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • You get to meet me. It's an awful experience.

10/10 would recommend 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • All the crazies on there. One girl would only talk when she was drinking, I did all the talking. Another one threw a temper tantrum before we even met. I gave up online dating after those ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously you lose the physical aspect, with that you lose realism not to mention the fact youd never really be able to find out if they cheated.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nothing really for a guy unless if they find out the so called girl is a guy who was catfishing. A lot for women tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• The fact that it doesn’t work. A lot of guys smoke weed and do drugs on there. Plus they don’t have stable jobs which tells me they are not financially secure. Or they have kids who ‘always come first’ so that lets me know I will never be a priority.

1|1
    1|4
    • People are of course snatching the most desirable people so less desirable single people tend to stack.

• Flakiness, people not taking it seriously, mental illness hiding behind screens, inaccurate photos, internet cat calling/ unsolicited pictures/links, people using it to boost self esteem, people lying about their intentions before meeting.

0|2
    0|0
  • Users using pictures that were taken five or ten years ago, or using their family member’s picture on their profile. Then when you meet them, they look nothing like what they had originally fooled you into thinking that they did.

0|1
    0|0
  • The way they can come across as your ideal online but in person they are just an arsehole and Visa versa.

The fact that you can eventually meet someone and you unwittingly fall for them but they decide there must be better out there than you.

The fact that you don't and never will know why they decide to ghost you.

And the flip of a country chance you have to take meeting them face to face for the first time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Recently I heard it's a hunting ground for killers, abusers, rapists, pedophiles, and more. So many that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Crazy people, idiot sent out wrong signal and or underage boys or girls. They could have a learning disability or being lied to their self worth. Lot of argue boys that too far away. That stop using dating app. Is depends on the dating app.

0|0
    0|0
  • The individual may not appear as you thought they might be or are. I believe I heard one time a girl was trying meet with this guy online, however he turned out to be a girl😬.

0|1
    0|0
    • I guess I’m naive but some reason I felt like women didn’t catfish much. Like it seems like 90% of the time it’s a guy faking that’s he’s a girl online not the other way around.

• by the way, I’m actually a chick FYI, I Just write and think a lot like a dude...

• i think one is not having others who can share his history. and sadly, history often repeats itself. if its a mutual friend introducing you, they will have your interest at heart too as they are your friend. therefore they will be honest with you if they are a cheater, psycho, or basic jerk.

someone online has friends who dont know you thus dont care about you enough to give you heads up.

also people online lie. some say they are athletes and get winded up a flight of stairs. if you see the same guy at the gym 2 x a week you know they really like staying active.

however, online can expand your options past a small circle. in my case i was happy about that. i dont like a lot of the guys i went to highschool with. also, where i work there is no time to meet a mate. we are so busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't get to sample the merchandise ahead of time.

1|1
    0|0
  • You can never physically touch them.
    They could easily be lying about everything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can end up real bad and I mean really bad.(Murder, Rape, kidnapped) It could end up not so great (Catfishing, Fake Profile, Scammer)

1|0
    0|0
  • As someone who met her last boyfriend online (dated a year, he was actually pretty cringe and ruined my property, so I call that one strike 1) haha
    And I'm going on a few dates in the next few weeks.

So, I think I have a few things to say on this/

Downsides
    1. You only know the real someone once you meet them. And only then. Online anything can be faked.
    2. If your location is bad, oh well. Poor you. You'll be flipping through the same 50 faces for a month.
    3. All sites are not made equal. Some are not made free.

I suggest rotating 2 sites, taking a break, and then going back.
    I always suggest tinder (because it has SO many people and is free) and the other is up to you, okcupid isn't bad but location is key.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can see one small thing about your profile and completely write you off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get scammed. And they (scanmers) make them travel to their country to deliver a suitcase of drugs

0|1
    0|0
  • There are plenty positives that go with the negatives.

Like you get an inside look at the person to see if you might be compatible. However, th edy could also be lying in order to attract the type of girls they are most interested in. Same came happen in a regular meet up as well. People will say anything to impress you.

The funniest thing are guys who say they have a lot of money and want a girl who isn't after them for that. Like seriously? No one on here knew about your financial status. Now when a girl messages you you're gonna automatically assume it's because you mentioned you're well off. 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • They can lie
    Cheat
    Etc

0|1
    0|0
  • Getting catfished

0|1
    0|0
  • He could be a catfish

0|0
    0|0
  • lies on the person's profile

0|0
    0|0
  • Being able to meet and see them in person😉😇

0|1
    0|0
  • The lies, dickpicks, threats etc. etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • sakura

0|0
    0|0
  • Catfishes

0|1
    0|0
  • I got three STDs from tinder

0|1
    1|2
  • Hitting it off with catfishes and psychopaths.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weirdos

0|0
    0|0
  • I would honestly be afraid to try it now... You never really know who you're getting involved with, which I get could be true of conventional dating, but online you can be whoever you want to be. Enter Catfish.

Besides, I think its begun to ruin genuine relationships. There's always the thought in your mind that there is someone better out there. And online dating makes the pool of finding "better" easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re meat markets.

0|0
    0|1
  • Intercourse

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls