Is it normal for my boyfriend to text his female friend every day or am I overreacting?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years. For the most Part our relationship has been overall good with a few bumps here and there. Just recently, he started texting a friend of his that he used to date in middle school. They text every single day. They went to high school together but didn’t really talk or hang out other than the occasional “hey how are you doing?”. She just recently got out of a relationship and ever since then they text every single day. My boyfriend has never given me a reason not to trust him and up until now he was so into me that he didn’t even care to talk to any other girl. I just don’t understand why there is the sudden communication between them when they hardly talked for so long? She also asked him if he wanted to go to LA with her to see a conert & he was considering on going if he didn’t have to work. (Keep in mind we live all the way in TX) Also, For her birthday a few weeks ago he said he wanted to go out for her birthday with her, her sister, & me. I was glad he invited me, but the entire time he was trying so hard to be funny & impress her. I could tell because I know his personality very well and he was acting nothing like himself. He even bought her food for her birthday. Throughout the night he wasn’t affectionate and almost treating us like we were on the same level. It worries me because this came literally out of NOWHERE just a few weeks ago and now they talk like they are best friends. I don’t know if I am overreacting or not but I just don’t think it is normal and I needed someone else’s opinion. I haven’t tried talking to him about it becausw I know he will be offended and say I don’t trust him. I don’t want to get in and argument but I just don’t know what to do. Or how to handle this. I don’t want to be a controlling girlfriend but I love him so much and this is the first time in 2 YEARS that he’s talked to another girl like this.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I can make this one easy. There is no such thing as "normal." What counts is what you are comfortable with as a couple. If it makes you uncomfortable that he texts someone regularly, then you should have a talk with him about it. If they are just friends, then maybe it is acceptable to you. But I would be wary of a guy who texts a girl so often. It's possible there is something else going on beyond friendship. Then again that isn't necessarily the case. You have to use your own judgement to decide if you can trust him or not and either accept it, or don't accept it based on how you feel after the discussion. Only you can decide if it's a "problem" for your relationship or not. There is no "normal."

Most Helpful Girl

• Girly, this does sound a little dodgy.
    You can immediately go assuming he’s cheating or thinking bout it. But you can’t ignore it.
    The only way you’re gunna know the truth is if you ask him... DONT accuse him! Just bring it up and say you don’t want to make it seem like you don’t trust him but there are thoughts in your head that you just need some reassurance about... if he gets defensive and insulted that you would think he would ever do that then try explain calmly that he would probably start having the same insecurity if you suddenly reconnected to an ex and started talking all the time.
    If he loves you tho l, he shouldn’t care too much that you asked
    Better to be open than closed