Hi Girls. I'm in need of a bit of help?

Im only putting this out to girls to help me, because any responces I've gotten from guys so far have been either rude, ignorant, cocky and pretty disrespectful.
I've been absolutely smitten with this Girl I work with for around about a year now. We work together a few days a week, outside of work we speak every so often. I'll make up an excuse to message her something work related, or else just start a random tease and then we'll converse from there. I find it much easier to talk to her in person than over text. I guess im just more comfortable that way. We haven't hung out outside of work, but in work were pretty much inseparable to the point where it's commented on, a lot.
I've never made a move, because she had a boyfriend the whole time but just two weeks ago she and her boyfriend split up and I knew quite a bit about the whole ordeal because she confided in me a lot during the last few months of their relationship, which were pretty bad months.
Eventually, I'm absolutely going to ask her out because I can't not. She's amazing. But my question is, when is it appropriate to do so? And maybe even more importantly, how? I've never been great at the whole asking a girl out thing but this is like, the first time I've just felt "suck it up, she's worth every bit of a try".
She's beautiful, funny and just being around her makes me happier. She's down to earth, listens when we talk and we seem to trust each other with big personal things that I haven't even told some of my closest friends. If I asked her out, and she said yes, it would be pretty amazing for me if I'm honest. I can't think of any other way to put it into words.
Any and all help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

2