What is considered "cheating" in an open relationship?

If the primary partner knows about your other partners... isn't this all that's important? That's healthy, right? Do you have to tell the new partner about your primary partner if it's your first date with the new partner?

My Dominant friends with benefits is going to eventually have a date with a new girl... when the hell should he tell her about me? Is this required for an open relationship? I'm pretty casual, but also involved (no strong commitment/but I knew him for 6mo)!! I probably will date a girl on the side, besides my Dom as well eventually. Lol

I'm not the jealous type... I'm just crazy enough to not care!
  • Your primary partner doesn't know about your new partner?
  • Your new partner doesn't know about your primary partner?
  • Neither partner knows about each other! (Then you're just single?)
    Vote C
My Dominant is sleeping with other women. I KNOW about this. Unless another girl becomes SERIOUS I don't need to know about her. MOST of these chicks are one-night-stands. IF he finds a potential girl for both of us, he should tell me. I tell him about the girls I talk to if I think he'll like them etc.!!

38

Most Helpful Guy

• It's up to you. Participants in open relationships negotiate what rules they want.

He's right to make sure everybody knows what's going on so they can consent to it. Good move, DomFWB.

You can have a side piece who doesn't know about the arrangement if they DO know that the small relationship they get is very casual. If you get serious with the side piece it's a lie of omission to never tell them who you are and what you do.

Anyway. It sounds like you should sit down with DFWB and establish what rules you'd like each other to follow, and negotiate them. I bet he'll be great at it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Really, it's defined by the parties involved, but I think every party should know of the existence of the other partners. Unfair to make someone think you're going to be monogamous with them if you're not.