What is considered "cheating" in an open relationship?

If the primary partner knows about your other partners... isn't this all that's important? That's healthy, right? Do you have to tell the new partner about your primary partner if it's your first date with the new partner?

My Dominant friends with benefits is going to eventually have a date with a new girl... when the hell should he tell her about me? Is this required for an open relationship? I'm pretty casual, but also involved (no strong commitment/but I knew him for 6mo)!! I probably will date a girl on the side, besides my Dom as well eventually. Lol

I'm not the jealous type... I'm just crazy enough to not care!
  • Your primary partner doesn't know about your new partner?
    Vote A
  • Your new partner doesn't know about your primary partner?
    Vote B
  • Neither partner knows about each other! (Then you're just single?)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
My Dominant is sleeping with other women. I KNOW about this. Unless another girl becomes SERIOUS I don't need to know about her. MOST of these chicks are one-night-stands. IF he finds a potential girl for both of us, he should tell me. I tell him about the girls I talk to if I think he'll like them etc.!!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's up to you. Participants in open relationships negotiate what rules they want.

He's right to make sure everybody knows what's going on so they can consent to it. Good move, DomFWB.

You can have a side piece who doesn't know about the arrangement if they DO know that the small relationship they get is very casual. If you get serious with the side piece it's a lie of omission to never tell them who you are and what you do.

Anyway. It sounds like you should sit down with DFWB and establish what rules you'd like each other to follow, and negotiate them. I bet he'll be great at it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Really, it's defined by the parties involved, but I think every party should know of the existence of the other partners. Unfair to make someone think you're going to be monogamous with them if you're not.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Open relationship tend to be based on disloyalty in the first place, and I don't see much difference between open relationship and friends with benefits. Anyway they both should know the truth, or at least know that you are not monogamous, so I think that I would vote for C, even though the opinions are not very clear. Also are you bisexual? and your side partners are always girls? because your primary partner, friend with benefits, dom or whatever is more okay with that?

0|0
    0|0
  • If it’s an open relationship then cheating is not a possibility. That’s the whole meaning behind an open relationship. There are strings attached but it’s ok to see others

1|0
    0|0
  • When the participants feel it is so. I always say it is better to discuss all possibilities and how we feel about such.

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all, your last sentance is incorrect. If you're using "hell" in the previous statement, you are jealous. Second, why are people in open relationships? So you will be ok if he gets 3 girls pregnant at once? Third, dominant friends with benefits, meaning you have more than one and you're worried about him with another girl? Too little detail. You sound like you do care. If he's the one you want to be with, why have other friends with benefits and why let him have other fwb? I just don't understand.

0|0
    0|0
    • We're both afraid to commit! Dominant as in BDSM Dom! 50 Shades of Grey!!

• I see. Have fun with that. Sounds like you really like it. You are really into BDSM or just a little of it and do not know what else to call it? Why be afraid to commit?

• Should be discussed how it will work inside your relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • So there's no right or wrong answer?

• It depends on the relationship

• Either way, I love how honest he is in our relationship. As soon as he met her, he texted me about her! Telling her about me might freak her out. I'm bisexual, so maybe I don't get jealous of the girl LOL I get jealous (IF I do) of my Dom for finding a hot girl! I want a hot girl too xD!

• lying is cheating, no lie , no cheating

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes