I feel guilty? help?

for living life happy while my sister is depressed and suffers from mental illness... i felt soooo guilty that i even pretended i was mentally ill just to no feel so guilty anymore... how can i fix this when im just stable?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you’re a good person BECAUSE u feel guilty. I’m struggling a lot with mental illness and my sister doesn’t give a single shit, and it hurts. But you shouldn’t fake mental illness, it won’t help her, but just be kind to her and you should probably ask her how she’s doing now and then.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you think that being depressed too will help her?

0|0
    0|0
    • i lived with her in a house for 3 years... and never asked her how are u... i kinda gave up on her when i moved out i felt extremely guilty...

• What do cheerful people do different that depressed people don't?

• ? what

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• You should be able to enjoy life and help your sister to the extent you can. Faking mental illness is of course something to feel bad About, but why is it relevant here?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can totally relate. Wish I had some good advice but I still struggle with this problem myself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes