Why does it seem like there is an arbitrary rule about when a guy can message a girl back?

I hear that if I text back too soon, I am desperate and clingy and if I take too long to respond I am not interested or even an asshole. I don’t know because any ghosting looks the same to me. If there is a magical formula for this I would love to learn it.
I am the type of person who responds when I can do if I am on my phone and I get a message from anyone, I respond immediately. That’s just who I am.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if there's any but to me, what's important is that he responds. I don't really like to dwell on how long it takes him to respond. I mean I notice it and sometimes it gets to me, depending on how close I am with the guy but I don't really make a big deal out of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't pester her and respond within seconds and blow up her phone and don't do what people on here do and wait a set time of 30+ mins cos they are stupid