Why does it seem like there is an arbitrary rule about when a guy can message a girl back?

I hear that if I text back too soon, I am desperate and clingy and if I take too long to respond I am not interested or even an asshole. I don’t know because any ghosting looks the same to me. If there is a magical formula for this I would love to learn it.
Updates:
I am the type of person who responds when I can do if I am on my phone and I get a message from anyone, I respond immediately. That’s just who I am.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if there's any but to me, what's important is that he responds. I don't really like to dwell on how long it takes him to respond. I mean I notice it and sometimes it gets to me, depending on how close I am with the guy but I don't really make a big deal out of it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't pester her and respond within seconds and blow up her phone and don't do what people on here do and wait a set time of 30+ mins cos they are stupid

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• for me its simple
    if I care enough for you I'll reply as soon as I see your message
    it doesn't have to be that complicated
    my boyfriend answers the minute I send the text
    I was Like.. that's weird
    who does that lol but
    it is just the best thing ever..
    I don't have to wait and keep on checking my phone or anything

so I don't believe in all these new rules
    if he texts right away he's clingy
    texts late.. he's an ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people care about this so much? I really wouldn't care if a guy messages me immediately or a couple days after, its not important.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Isn't the rule "He's a man, so whenever the fuck he feels like it."?

0|0
    0|0
  • women can't make up their minds

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes