Is he using sarcasm to cover up the fact he is insecure?

There's this guy and I just can't read him. He uses a lot of sarcasm while he means the opposite (not always). Generally he replies very fast, we talk daily, he keeps the conversation going and he traveled pretty far to see me. He waited 4 months before we met up.

I'm really confused and he's making me feel insecure.
- When I said I had bad wifi, he said: "you can give me your number or we can just stop talking"
- The day before our date, I went out and he said I could try to get some guys.
- He sometimes asks me what kind of answer I would like.
- "I could always block you when you start annoying me"

I just don't get it, if he doesn't like me, then why keep talking? If he didn't like the date would he talk as much?
  • Yes, he is insecure / not sure what to do
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he's insecure. I like to joke using sarcasm, but I also use it to test a person's reactions. For example, since I'm a wuss when it comes to dating, I'd test the waters to see if a woman is interested in me by using sarcasm to see how she perceives things between us. I know, it's lame and immature, but it's my flaw and I don't know how to get over it yet🤷‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe insecure, maybe just sarcastic.
    Tell him that his sarcasm is making it difficult for you to understand when he's being serious or joking when talking and it's impossible when written.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Been there, done this
    People who you sarcasm do it because they are afraid to see the truth and want check your reaction. According to your description this guy have strict parents try to ask about them. It's your decision then if you would date him or not, I know both cases when such boys becomes normal and when not

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes