Is he using sarcasm to cover up the fact he is insecure?

There's this guy and I just can't read him. He uses a lot of sarcasm while he means the opposite (not always). Generally he replies very fast, we talk daily, he keeps the conversation going and he traveled pretty far to see me. He waited 4 months before we met up.

I'm really confused and he's making me feel insecure.
- When I said I had bad wifi, he said: "you can give me your number or we can just stop talking"
- The day before our date, I went out and he said I could try to get some guys.
- He sometimes asks me what kind of answer I would like.
- "I could always block you when you start annoying me"
- ...

I just don't get it, if he doesn't like me, then why keep talking? If he didn't like the date would he talk as much?
  • Yes, he is insecure / not sure what to do
  • No

12