Do you ever wonder if you'll ever find someone to call your own?

It's something I think about sometime, when I'm not thinking about all the other 900 things that go through my head each day. I've always wanted to get married and be a mom, that's one of the only things I've known I really wanted out of life. However, given my age and life circumstances. Also given the fact that I'm weird lol and I don't connect easily to people, I sometimes think that maybe just because I want it so badly doesn't mean it's what I'm meant to have.

I know most people actively try to find people through dating sites or going to places where singles hang out but this is one of the ways I'm weird, I don't want to do that especially because I don't connect to people easily and I don't want to force it to happen. I just want it to happen because it's suppose to.

I know this may seem like a depressing question and I don't mean for it to be, I just wonder if anybody else ponders these things?

1243

Most Helpful Guys

• Ugh. I know what you mean... especially cuz I have to put an insane amount of effort into simply talking to someone, communicating online is an enormous chore, and sometimes- no, A LOT OF TIMES I hate doing it. But I do it anyway, cuz I know there is that one person out there...
    In truth, i don't care who it is. Like, I'm going to appreciate every last part of them anyway, I don't care what bad parts she will have, or what insecurities she has... i know I could be with anyone and find strength in them, as they would with me. Cuz at the end of the day, if you come home and see me, smile, give me a simple hug and say "hello", that's enough for me, and all I want. And will give my life to protect that.

But so many people are butthurt, anal, or specific and picky, that it just drives me mad... then they complain about how "i can't find anyone! No one likes me!"... i really would be friends with everyone here, if they would be open to meeting and talking in person... just to see my effort acknowledged is enough.
    But, alas, people will be people. Just gotta wait for that one.

PS, I'm not desperate. Just annoyed that people are selfish and unacknowledging of the lengths some others go through to find what matters most.

• I feel the same way at times, like if I happen to let my thoughts get the better of me. This thinking has led me to continue on this emotional affair I’ve got. This is nuts.

• Of course... i'm probably gonna get to sleep tonight, and wake up in the morning and forget I felt this way at all..😂 but then, give it another couple months, and I'll feel the same way again...

Oh great brilliant human mind, the biggest sadist of us all...

• I was in that situation but the sad reality especially for dating and relationships is if you cannot take the time to put yourself out there, your chances of finding someone are very very slim. Like my girlfriend atm who is my love of my life happened because of a very slim chance succeeding for me. She ended up being in the same school as me, in the same degree with the same class and so happened to talk to her for one unusual situation. If that did not happen, I am fairly confident I wouldn't be here with anyone. So either you put at least something out there or you roll the dice with a very slim possibility.

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m a hopeless romantic. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t fantasize about finding that one, special love and getting married. I’m very cynical and a bit odd, so I try not to set myself up for heartbreak. But I also know that I’m still young and have plenty of time and opportunities to find the romance I’ve always wanted.

• when i was younger i thought for sure i was going to die alone. i never dated in high school, never clubbed or anything like that. had no idea if or how i’d ever meet someone. surprisingly i ended up chatting with this guy on a computer game and we really hit it off. exchanged emails and whatnot. fast forward, we’ve been married 10 years and i got to be the mom i always wanted to be. i feel like if we had met in person and not the way we did, it probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere since we didn’t have much in common but we got to know each other on a deeper, more personal level quicker.
    you never know when you’re going to find someone and i think it often comes when you’re not seeking it out and that ‘made for each other’ relationship we’ve been told is out there is really just bullshit. you have to decide what qualities are the most important and what things you can live without.
    i hope you find what you’re looking for and get to be the wife and mom you’ve always wanted.